Can't install game. repeatedly getting DirectX install error

by Nightstalker06

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't install game. repeatedly getting DirectX install error

★★ Novice

I downloaded the game and upon install received a DirectX error and could not install.  3 more attempts, 4 more NO GOs.  Deleted DX temp file folders and I get the same issue.  Running latest version of SX and version 347.52 Nvidia drivers.   If anyone can figure it out or has a fix, post it.  Here is my error file:

--------------------
[03/18/15 00:40:15] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 1272, function: CabCallback

Failed API:  DeleteFile()
    Error:  (5) - Access is denied.

Unable to delete C:\Users\NIGHTS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DXB77F.tmp\d3dx9_31.dll.

--------------------
[03/18/15 00:40:16] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 5738, function: DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn

Failed API:  SetupIterateCabinet()
    Error:  (1224) - The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

Unable to iterate through C:\PROGRA~2\ORIGIN~1\BFH\__INST~1\directx\redist\Oct2006_d3dx9_31_x64.cab. The file may be damaged.

--------------------
[03/18/15 00:40:16] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 280, function: CSetup::InstallPlugIn

DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn() failed.

--------------------
[03/18/15 00:40:16] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: setup.cpp, line: 1727, function: CSetup::SetupForDirectX

InstallPlugIn() failed.

--------------------
[03/18/15 00:40:17] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: dsinline.h, line: 302, function: DXRemoveFile

Unable to remove C:\Users\NIGHTS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DXB77F.tmp.

--------------------
[03/18/15 00:40:17] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: inline.h, line: 331, function: CleanUpDirectory

Unable to remove: C:\Users\NIGHTS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DXB77F.tmp\d3dx9_31.dll which is locked, reason = 5.

--------------------

Message 1 of 11 (5,907 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't install game. repeatedly getting DirectX install error

OP try the method listed in this video. It solved this problem for me on Hardline, BF1942 and BF2142.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umR5vLcPwo
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (6,486 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

It wont install for me on the PS4, furthermore,  customer service has made no meaningful attempt to helm me resolve the problem.  They didn't even understand that the install goes straight from the disc to the console, and they were insistent that it was a network issue.  SMH

Message 2 of 11 (5,891 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Update all this please then reboot PC and try again...

Latest version of DirectX see this page
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

Reinstall Microsoft C++
NOTE>>> you need to select the x64 or the x86 file depending on what architecture your computer has. To find this out, Click Start, right click on "Computer" and select "Properties". Under system type is should say "32-Bit Operating System" or "64-bit Operating System". If 32-bit operating system, download the x86 file, and if 64-bit download the x64 file.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Adobe Flash Player update
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Message 3 of 11 (5,881 Views)

★★ Novice

I did as you requested and updated everything, except for the DirectX.  Message stated that I had the current or newer version.  Everything else updated.  I then restarted my system and got the same error message.

DirectX Setup Error: An internal error occurred.

I can still play BF 4 (went into test range to check) and had no issues.  Apparently this is localized to the BFH install package.

I tried to repair the game last night and It did not work.  Attempting to repair again at the moment, but it will take 1 1/2 hours to do.  If it works, i'll advise.  If not, same.

Message 4 of 11 (5,868 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I deleted the downloaded files and downloaded the whole game (4 hours) again.  Started to install and then I got the same DirectX install error.  This is rather ridiculous now.  I opened a ticket with EA support last night and still have yet to hear anything.  I just did a clean install 3 months ago and I have not had issues with any other game except BFH.  My DirectX is up to date along with all the necessary items that are required and apparently I'm not the only one having this issue.  Additionally, when I attempted to the repair the second time, nothing happened and origin crashed giving me ANOTHER error.  This one has not resurfaced.

How is it that a game is released and has issues on the first day?  How about waiting until the bugs are worked out before releasing it, you know, the way Blizzard does.  This is the third EA game in the last 4 that I have purchased that has choked.  MOH Black Ops Limited Edition, BF3 and now BFH.  Amazingly it did not happen with BF4.  Why?  Because I waited 8 months after it was released to purchase it.

Looks like I'll be shelving this game or getting a refund until the game is fixed.

Message 5 of 11 (5,858 Views)

OP try the method listed in this video. It solved this problem for me on Hardline, BF1942 and BF2142.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umR5vLcPwo
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 6 of 11 (6,487 Views)

★★ Novice

Well well well.  How about that.  I'm at the BFH battlelog page all in about 15 seconds after doing what Ragnarok recommended.

Ragnarok, thank you.  I think you should be on the EA board of directors since they can't seem to fix the easy stuff.  Hopefully I don't have any other issues that I have been hearing about.  Thank you very much.  This fix worked right away and took a minute to do.  OUTSTANDING!! Case of beer, bro.

Message 7 of 11 (5,845 Views)

@Nightstalker06 wrote:

Well well well.  How about that.  I'm at the BFH battlelog page all in about 15 seconds after doing what Ragnarok recommended.

Ragnarok, thank you.  I think you should be on the EA board of directors since they can't seem to fix the easy stuff.  Hopefully I don't have any other issues that I have been hearing about.  Thank you very much.  This fix worked right away and took a minute to do.  OUTSTANDING!! Case of beer, bro.

I'm very happy that we were able to solve your problem!  Enjoy Hardline!

Message 8 of 11 (5,840 Views)

★★ Novice

OK, all good so far, BUT NO BATTLE PACKS and I have the Premium edition.  Search on I guess.

Message 9 of 11 (5,829 Views)

★★ Novice

did not work for me. any other options?

Message 10 of 11 (4,575 Views)