BFH Crash on startup

by 0bliviscariz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BFH Crash on startup

★★★★★ Novice

I have been playing BFH umm.... not that often, but now that the dlc is free why not play again right? WRONG! I log into origin, either the app or thru multiple browsers, sign in, hmm what to play, ill finish off SP, load campaign and it starts to load, as soon as the game enters on the taskbar it crashes. It does it on SP or MP, all browsers, checked the game for repairs, downloaded 8gb to the same result. any further info needed ask and ill do my best to provide. The ultimate goal here is to be able to play the game. Thanks

Message 1 of 18 (13,607 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BFH Crash on startup

★★★★★ Novice

So before I decided to uninstall the whole game and download 77gb of the same game again, I did a bit of digging.

Turns out it is an antivirus issue, i temp disabled "AVG" and it loaded up strait away in SP and MP. I added an exemption 

to the antivirus program and works fine now. few :eahigh_file:

View in thread

Message 5 of 18 (18,812 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hi @0bliviscariz

I noticed myself in the past when an update came out the game not started or crashed. I guess because in the registry file something went wrong. The only option what is helped to me is a total wipe out. I deleted the whole game and after a system restart I downloaded the game again. I know, this is the worst otion but please try it.

Please provide feedback about the result of suggestion!

Award users who were helpful with the XP button.

If an answer provides you solution don't forget to click on "Accept as Solution".

Message 2 of 18 (13,512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Darn, I might give it a go if I get around to it. 50gb+ will suck to download again tho.  Thanks for the advice Standard smile

Message 3 of 18 (13,499 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Yamohski wrote:

Darn, I might give it a go if I get around to it. 50gb+ will suck to download again tho.  Thanks for the advice Standard smile

Your Welcome!

Message 4 of 18 (13,491 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So before I decided to uninstall the whole game and download 77gb of the same game again, I did a bit of digging.

Turns out it is an antivirus issue, i temp disabled "AVG" and it loaded up strait away in SP and MP. I added an exemption 

to the antivirus program and works fine now. few :eahigh_file:

Message 5 of 18 (18,813 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Thanks for the feedback! Thumbs up

Message 6 of 18 (13,469 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with the game, it worked fine in the morning but now it is not working anymore. And I'm on Win10 and no antivirus in use so I don't know if the windows defender is creating problems.

Message 7 of 18 (13,251 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I deinstalled "AVAST ANTI-VIRUS". The new program makes crashes on startup all the time. 

Thanks for your help!

Message 8 of 18 (12,585 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I would of thought they fixed this issue by now lol, glad to help all the same

Message 9 of 18 (12,571 Views)

★ Novice

But this IS also EA we're talking about

Message 10 of 18 (12,061 Views)