(pc) Massive ping spikes, rubberbanding, and such.

by Raziel112288

Original Post

(pc) Massive ping spikes, rubberbanding, and such.

★★★ Novice

I'm having ping spikes and rubberbanding issues. I've tried fixes that I saw here but to no avail. I tried getting hold of support, but it only lets me use the chat option... I left the window that said it was connecting to chat and to wait for a full 24 hours and it never got anywhere... I had been considering buying BF1, but considering my issues with this game I'm thinking I'd better not. Other online games I play don't have the same issues. Any suggestions, or am I out of luck?

Message 1 of 4 (655 Views)

Re: (pc) Massive ping spikes, rubberbanding, and such.

Hero (Retired)

Hello @Raziel112288

Can you please tell your platform (PC; PS;Xbox)? Also, do you use Wi-Fi or Internet Cable for internet connection?

Message 2 of 4 (647 Views)

★★★ Novice

As the thread name implies ((pc) Massive ping spikes, rubberbanding, and such.), the platform would be PC. I currently use WiFi. My ethernet cable needs replaced. However, I don't believe that WiFi is an issue here. Were it, I believe more than a single game would be having connection issues, right?

Message 3 of 4 (638 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Raziel112288

Wi-fi connection can cause some issues with internet connection in games. In many cases, wi-fi is a main reason.  I advise you read this article about connection issues https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/ and I advise you use Internet Cable Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (630 Views)