battlefield bad company 2 .. Punkbuster error try to connect servers(steam)

by jaguarmoves

Original Post

Accepted Solution

battlefield bad company 2 .. Punkbuster error try to connect servers(steam)

★★★ Newbie

hi guys i just bought a bfc2 on steam .. yesterday .. and whenever i try to connect to multiplayer server . it says : you need to have punkbuster instaled and running in order to join servers with punkbuster enabled

i tried uninstalling and installing the punkbuster but i have no luck

Message 1 of 4 (3,552 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: battlefield bad company 2 .. Punkbuster error try to connect servers(steam)

Hero (Retired)

@jaguarmoves So I found a possible solution for you. Please check this thread in Steam forums http://steamcommunity.com/app/24960/discussions/0/558749824792109254/

Try this: <<Hey friend :D I had the same problem but I solve it, go where Battlefield is installed, search the folder Install, then Punkbuster, install it again. Than go to start, run and type service.msc, find if Pnkbuster is running, if not, right-click on it and start. Now you can play without problem.>>

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (3,858 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@jaguarmoves So I found a possible solution for you. Please check this thread in Steam forums http://steamcommunity.com/app/24960/discussions/0/558749824792109254/

Try this: <<Hey friend :D I had the same problem but I solve it, go where Battlefield is installed, search the folder Install, then Punkbuster, install it again. Than go to start, run and type service.msc, find if Pnkbuster is running, if not, right-click on it and start. Now you can play without problem.>>

Message 2 of 4 (3,859 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey thaks for the reply .. but i have finaly solve my problem ... i just deleted the bfc2 folder in my documents .. coz i remembered that i installed a crack version of it back in 2014 . and that was causing my problem.. now its fine thanks for the reply

Message 3 of 4 (3,538 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Glad to hear that! 

Message 4 of 4 (3,536 Views)