Linking my Origin account to PS3 ?

by Funjai24

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Linking my Origin account to PS3 ?

★ Novice

Hi guys,

I am really having problems with linking my account to PS3 version of this game.

I played BFBC2 a lot, on my PC, and I have rank 49. Now I got BFBC2 for PS3, and I was wondering how to log in to my Origin account, or how to link my Origin account to PSN, 'cos both accounts are not using same email address (origin is hotmail, and psn is gmail).

So can somebody pls explain me how to do that?

Thank you in advance !

Message 1 of 5 (896 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Linking my Origin account to PS3 ?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Yes, you will need to unlock your progress again on PC. Battlefield Bad Company 2 is not cross platform game and this game doesn't support transfer progress from console to PC. At the moment there is one game that's supporting transfer progress. It's Battlefield 4, but only from past gen to next gen (Xbox 360>>Xbox One; PS3 to PS4).

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,004 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello @Funjai24

Sorry, but in that case you can't link your PS3 account with Origin because it's impossible. Also, You will not able to transfer your progress BFBC2 from PS3 to PC. Anyway, you can learn more about this here https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/#ho...

Message 2 of 5 (883 Views)

★ Novice
Hi mate and thx for quick reply.
So that means I have to start over collecting xp and unlocking all the guns? I mean, it's a same game, so why I just can't transfer my progress somehow cross-platform.. Kinda frustrating..

Anyway, thx again!
Message 3 of 5 (876 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Yes, you will need to unlock your progress again on PC. Battlefield Bad Company 2 is not cross platform game and this game doesn't support transfer progress from console to PC. At the moment there is one game that's supporting transfer progress. It's Battlefield 4, but only from past gen to next gen (Xbox 360>>Xbox One; PS3 to PS4).

Message 4 of 5 (1,005 Views)

★ Novice
I did not know that. Thank you.

By the way I unlocked everything on PC and now I need to that again on PS3, but it's the same I guess.

Thx
Message 5 of 5 (867 Views)