IMPORTANT: Procedure for gamecode and account issues

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

Accepted Solution

IMPORTANT: Procedure for gamecode and account issues

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi all!

I merged several topics regarding key validation issues to this topic.

Please get sure that you download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well). If that doesn’t helped, close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

If you still have issues with the validation of your game-key, you need to contact your retailer first. If your retailer can’t replace your invalid key, please contact EA-Support. Be prepared to verify your email address, date of birth or any other personally identifiable information on your account.

We don't support the STEAM service, if you have any issue with validating keys there, please contact STEAM-Support.

Please keep in mind that you should never post private information (e-mail address, bank information, real name etc.) in a public board.

Cheers

Basti

Message 22 of 186 (34,125 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: IMPORTANT: Procedure for gamecode and account issues

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Hello,

Maybe you should have read the first post of this thread before posting. As we do not have access to accounts on AHQ, we are not able to assist in account and gamecode related issues. 

EA_Bastian's post:

"Please get sure that you download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well). If that doesn’t helped, close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

If you still have issues with the validation of your game-key, you need to contact your retailer first. If your retailer can’t replace your invalid key, please contact EA-Support. Be prepared to verify your email address, date of birth or any other personally identifiable information on your account.

We don't support the STEAM service, if you have any issue with validating keys there, please contact STEAM-Support."

To contact Origin support, please visit the following site:

EA Help - Contact Us

# Please log in to the site by using the log in function in the menu bar, top-right.
# If need, you can change your language by clicking on the displayed language in the menu bar, top-left
# Now search the game you need help with.
# Click on the provided game image to select it and click next.
# On the next page, select your platform and click next
# As final choice, select a topic and enter your problem and click next

The site will now give you the available contact options. These depend on the country/language you chose.

Best regards,
inSmithereens

# If an answer was the solution to your problem, please click . It could help others.
# If you want to reward a helping post, you can click .
# Please note, I am not an EA employee.

View in thread

Message 172 of 186 (25,830 Views)

All Replies

hi i have problems i me cd key

★★★ Novice

I bought the game a long time bad company 2 and I have a problem with the cd key gives me invalid key message is it possible to get a new key greet karol

Message 1 of 186 (33,870 Views)

Product activation

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello from germany,

I have a problem ... I cant' activate my Battlefield Bad Company 2 serialnumber at origin.

EDIT: Same problem -> http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-Bad-Company-2/Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-activation-on-Origin-Pr...

Message 2 of 186 (33,864 Views)

BFBC2 serial key

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My game has been stolen/hijacked/hacked !  When I try to launch BFBC2 on Steam, with a new password (since the old password has been compromised), and my Steam "Product Code" , ******** , I get, "The register code is already in use".

What information do you need from me to reinstate that game back to me?

Thank you,

This email message will serve as your receipt. You can also access your Purchase Historyonline at any time.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Pre-Order  

49.99 USD

Subtotal  

49.99 USD

Tax  

0.00 USD

Shipping  

0.00 USD

Total  

49.99 USD    

Payment Info  

American Express ending with 3001  

49.99 USD

Confirmation Number  

Date Confirmed  

Tue Feb 02 12:18:47 2010

/edit by admin: please do not post private information in a public board

Message 3 of 186 (33,874 Views)

No VIP code in case and i bought the game brand new last nite

★★★ Newbie

Message 4 of 186 (33,847 Views)

registration key is already in use

★★★ Newbie

In the game I enter an email address and password, then I accept the license agreement and enter my key, but the game says "registration key is already in use"

Message 5 of 186 (33,858 Views)

can't redeem my product code

★★★ Newbie

i can't redeem my battlefield bad companty 2 code i tried on origin,origin website,ea website. It didn't work

Message 6 of 186 (33,863 Views)

Battlefield Bad Company 2 serial code problem

★★ Novice

Hi,

I have a big problem at my copy of Battlefield Bad Company 2. I have this game for some time now and havent bean playing it for several months. Now when i instaled it again I must tipe in serial code. When i do this it puts out an error that this serial code is alredy in use.

I would appreciate help in this matter

Please help

Thank you in advance

Message 7 of 186 (33,889 Views)

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 serial code problem

★★★ Guide

Looks like you have forgot the login information of the account through which you have registered it .. no need to worry contact EA Customer Care .. they have tools to check that code and tell you the account associated with it ..  and once you verify it you are good to go .. 

Message 8 of 186 (33,886 Views)

serial key

★★ Novice

when i go to activate online it says key is already in use

Message 9 of 186 (33,864 Views)