Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 start-up white screen crash

by EA_Joker

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield Bad Company 2 start-up white screen crash

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

just wont start...get white screen then back to desktop.

have downloaded via downloader the latest patch.

win 7   64bit

nvidia gtx680 4gb ddr5

24gb ddr3 ram

Message 1 of 9 (7,804 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi doc1133az!

This seems to be a C++ error. This solution works for Battlefield 3 and should work aswell for Battlefield Bad Company 2 [PC]. 

Solution:

This is a Microsoft C++ bug so the quick fix is to uninstall your C++ files. If you see 2 instances of Microsoft C++,uninstall both of them; and don’t worry, they are easy to reinstall. There are also a couple workarounds online if you don’t want to uninstall them. In other words, reinstall your game files.

- With kind regards, Timmie.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (9,620 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi doc1133az!

This seems to be a C++ error. This solution works for Battlefield 3 and should work aswell for Battlefield Bad Company 2 [PC]. 

Solution:

This is a Microsoft C++ bug so the quick fix is to uninstall your C++ files. If you see 2 instances of Microsoft C++,uninstall both of them; and don’t worry, they are easy to reinstall. There are also a couple workarounds online if you don’t want to uninstall them. In other words, reinstall your game files.

- With kind regards, Timmie.

Message 2 of 9 (9,621 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have 21 versions of Microsoft C++ ranging from 2005 through 2013. I'm afraid if I just delete them all that none of my games will run. What do I do?

Mike

Message 3 of 9 (6,820 Views)

★ Novice

It didn't worked for me. I uninstalled all 22 C++, but the game still crash after 2 seconds on a blank screen with no error messages. Even after reinstalling the C++ from windows update.

Message 4 of 9 (5,519 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @sebastiensaucier,

if the game crashes without any error message even, please create a DxDiag file and attach it to this thread as described in this post.

You can also try to perform a clean boot in case another process interferes with BFBC2.

Message 5 of 9 (5,478 Views)

★ Novice

Here's my dxdiag file. Thanks for your help. I still have the same problem. 

Message 6 of 9 (5,164 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @sebastiensaucier,

thanks for the attached file. There's nothing pointing to BFBC2 directly in the DxDiag, but several other things. Could you start with updating the graphics driver to the latest version? That'd be a good start. Also please check if there's any available updates for Windows, the latest ones should be from August 8.

If you already performed a clean boot, also check if it may work on another windows user account.

Message 7 of 9 (5,152 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

Thanks for those ideas. Unfortunately, I updated my drivers and my W10 is up to date too. I don't have other Windows user account, sorry. The problem persists.
Sorry for the delays.

Seb.

Message 8 of 9 (4,681 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @sebastiensaucier,

sorry you're still having trouble launching the game.

Did you check if a clean boot may help with that? It allows you to disable all unnecessary processes and programs - here's an article how to do this.

Also if you don't have another Windows User Account, it might help setting up a new one just for testing purpose. Sometimes they get corrupted and creating a new one helps rule out any related errors.

Message 9 of 9 (4,666 Views)