Bad Company Steam CD key activation issues.

by ECHOxSNIPER123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bad Company Steam CD key activation issues.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I purchased Bad company 2 back in 2011 using the Steam application on my computer and played the game and eventually uninstalled it to install other content like battlefield 3 when it came out. Anyway I got a wild hair and decided to download bad company 2 again sense bf1 has been getting kinda boring in the pub servers. well to my surprise after downloading the bad company 2 and starting it up.. it asked for a serial key and steam popped up a notification to use the key when setting up the game. So I attempted to sign into my old EA account and redeem this serial key and after 3 attempts with making sure I was inputting the code correctly I continued to get an error about the number already being in use. At this point I have two EA accounts. The first account was made in 2011 and was my original account, when I look at my game purchase history BC2 does not show up. hmm, well I signed into my second account that was made years after BC2 came out and no surprise but no BC2 on that game history. But when I go onto the Steam application and look at my purchased games it shows BC2 purchased in july of 2011 and has my old email attached to it. But when I still attempt to play the game with my old account it says my key is already in use. This is beyond annoying and all of the solutions offered are to contact EA and that has been such a mess in itself between waiting 50min for EA online chat last night to be connected to an automated machine that didn't help but asked me to wait longer for an advisor or the 4 hour wait to get a call back. wtf? I have purchased BC1, BC2, BF3, BF4 and BF1 where is my support to a loyal customer? Its like they want me to find another AAA game to play that's not EA. Anyways sense a lot of people are having this issue I will update in the comments below once I hear from EA and Maybe will be able to help the thousands of other people in this situation find some answers.

Message 1 of 2 (771 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bad Company Steam CD key activation issues.

★★ Novice

** Update ** 
There is no way to call EA support, So I requested a call from them and 2 or so hours later I got a call from (866) 543-5435 claiming to be EA support. Once on the phone we talked about the issue and the advisor looked up all of my different EA account (two accounts, 1st account was before EA and Orgin teamed up and the other account was made when they merged and I didn't know better (All my current games BF3, BF4 and BF1 are on). So on this call the advisor helped find the correct account that was misspelled back in the day that I had no idea of, and they were able to move the game from an non existent Email to my current email that has all of my other titles. It sure has taken a lot of work to get this issue resolved but i'm thankful its done. I also Hope that my experience will help guide you to a solution as well if youre having the same problem. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,059 Views)

All Replies

Re: Bad Company Steam CD key activation issues.

★★ Novice

** Update ** 
There is no way to call EA support, So I requested a call from them and 2 or so hours later I got a call from (866) 543-5435 claiming to be EA support. Once on the phone we talked about the issue and the advisor looked up all of my different EA account (two accounts, 1st account was before EA and Orgin teamed up and the other account was made when they merged and I didn't know better (All my current games BF3, BF4 and BF1 are on). So on this call the advisor helped find the correct account that was misspelled back in the day that I had no idea of, and they were able to move the game from an non existent Email to my current email that has all of my other titles. It sure has taken a lot of work to get this issue resolved but i'm thankful its done. I also Hope that my experience will help guide you to a solution as well if youre having the same problem. 

Message 2 of 2 (1,060 Views)