xbox one controller not working for BF4

by 295youngusmc

Original Post

Accepted Solution

xbox one controller not working for BF4

★★ Newbie

My controller works fine until I get to the main screen for BF4. Then no buttons work except for the dashboard button and i have reinstalled and i have tried new controllers and they still dont work, and my controller works on another xbox battlefield. any help is appreciated

Message 1 of 13 (17,930 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: xbox one controller not working for BF4

Hero (Retired)

@295youngusmc  @Natergator29 @THOTR @WienenWanroij

Yes, if any of you are having this issue, take a look at my thread posted.  http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Solution-Xbox-One-Controller-non-responsive-after-launching-g...

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

View in thread

Message 9 of 13 (19,590 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
Me too. It's really annoying me. Tried reinstalling twice. Yet my 2 friends in the party were online playing it. Why why why
Message 2 of 13 (17,876 Views)

★ Novice

I am also having this problem, would love to be able to play the game i paid for so if anyone has a fix for this please tell...

Message 3 of 13 (17,863 Views)

★ Guide

Try this my son has had that issue on Xbox one. While in the game press hold awesome looking controller Xbox button in top center, it will ask two things turn off controller and or turn off Xbox---- press turn off controller than wait blink (screen) blink than press hold Xbox controller button again than blink (screen) blink and your hopefully good to go. :eahigh_file:

Please you could help others by Clicking XP if someone helped!
****Also check resolved as it could help others****

Message 4 of 13 (17,854 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue. The strangest thing is;

I'm having 2 controllers, 1 works the other has the same problem??

Message 5 of 13 (17,815 Views)

★ Guide

Try this my son has had that issue on Xbox one. While in the game press hold awesome looking controller Xbox button in top center, it will ask two things turn off controller and or turn off Xbox---- press turn off controller than wait blink (screen) blink than press hold Xbox controller button again than blink (screen) blink and your hopefully good to go. High five

Please you could help everyone by Clicking XP if someone helped!

****Also check resolved as it could help others****

Message 6 of 13 (17,802 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Super frustrating! I just want to play battlefield
Message 7 of 13 (17,749 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
UPDATE: If you play Guitar Hero Live, remove the wireless dongle. This was actually the problem that resulted in my controlled not responding. I'd suggest the solution below if you still have issues. If I would have known this first, I could have saved my campaign
______

The problem is a corrupt cloud save. Note that your campaign data wont be salvagable...

To resolve:
My Games & Apps, Highlight Battlefield and press Start, Manage Game, Scroll over to saved data on the right, Press A, DELETE EVERYWHERE (Everywhere includes the cloud, which is where the problem lies...you can try delete from console, but I'm not sure if it'll resolve your issue).

Once complete, you should be good to go and your controller should be responding again. Again, your campaign save will be lost. All multilayer data will be just fine (dogtags, battlepacks, etc)

Hope this helps all you guys struggling! I felt your pain!

I had this problem for 3+ days after installing Legacy Operations. I was trapped on the "Content Unlocked" message. My controller wasn't responding to anything. I also picked up the new Elite controller, so i wasnt sure where the problem was. I uninstalled/reinstalled everything (game, dlc), rebooted modems, hard reset my X1, deleted and restored my profile, and nothing worked. I reached out to Battlefield on Twitter and they pointed me to their support guys. They walked me though the steps I posted above to resolve the issue.
Message 8 of 13 (17,665 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@295youngusmc  @Natergator29 @THOTR @WienenWanroij

Yes, if any of you are having this issue, take a look at my thread posted.  http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Solution-Xbox-One-Controller-non-responsive-after-launching-g...

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 9 of 13 (19,591 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
OMG! THAT FREAKIN GUITAR HERO THING?!? I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT! THANK YOU!
Message 10 of 13 (17,379 Views)