Re: stuttering and rubber banding on battlefield 4 after latest pc update

by Scorpion217

Original Post

★★★ Novice
X3nadus. You said to check if I'm not accidentally streaming? How do I do that?. And how would that be the case now as before the update I was fine!
Message 21 of 30 (476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@El_Che_Guerrero

How many packet loss % du you have?

I tried to play with 1 - 6% loss but that is already unplayable IMO.

t1gge (DICE guy) posted this:

4. look for bad packetloss icon / run the systems performance test if you experience bad networking, if you have constant packetloss, please post your ISP and contact them about it too (I'll pull strings here too) 

Message 22 of 30 (460 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello Scorpion217, I ran the performance test on Ultra and i get 0% packet loss but I ran it on test range. I guess I have to run it on an actual game server for it to tell me right?. also with Ultra I get 41fps and with some changes to graphics I get 71, again this is on test range so I do not know how much that will change in a server with 64, 32, or below. I will check and get back to you.

Message 23 of 30 (449 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

On my side packet loss is determined by the amount of players on a server so check on 32 and 64 players Standard smile

Message 24 of 30 (443 Views)

★★★ Novice

I get no packet loss. its just the fuken game. im sick of it. All because of the update

Message 25 of 30 (412 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
The next update better fix this mess or this is the last time they've moneygrabbed me -.-
Message 26 of 30 (408 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I thought it was the streaming thing, so I uninstalled nvidia experience and it temporarily fixed the lag, but maybe it was just a good day. Last weekend with double xp I was able to play with little lag at all, now I am back to square one with the lag, I literally have nothing running but BF4 and Origin. It must be BF4 causing the issues. As I said before, it worked fine for around 3-4 days after dragons teeth was released, but then I tried to play when they announced PS4 was having problems and that's when the lag started, on PC. 

Message 27 of 30 (393 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yep I get some ok gaming sometimes but I get that rubber banding once every spawn. Some less than others but usually always results in a death. Plus I find that when I do stop rubber banding I die instantly with the first shot of anything. I got my graphics fps showing all the time and I never redline when im rubber banding. Its not a pc issue for me.
Message 28 of 30 (383 Views)

★ Novice

I already posted in the topic in the control room but i repost it here to give more details.

The main problem I'm experiencing is CPU lag spikes. I took some screenshots, notice the consequent lag spike for the GPU, at a fixed delay from the CPU spike. Sometimes the audio freezes too, sometimes it goes in loop, sometimes it goes on (not completely sure about this last one).
Something that I also noticed is that the map doesn't completely load when i spawn, and sometimes the spikes appear when i'm moving in a new area (keep in mind that this never occured to me in the past, so it's not an hardware problem).
I experience this problem in no particular map and with no particular mode. The server population doesn't seem to influence, but I don't have any problem in the private test range.

http://postimg.org/image/s0v30yik7/

http://postimg.org/image/vhsjq6s8n/

http://postimg.org/image/nt0as7h4n/

http://postimg.org/image/9hc79k9kn/

http://postimg.org/image/d3i0m7fxz/

I'm in a tank in these screenshots but it happens also on foot.

Intel Core i5-2500K
Asus P8P67 PRO Rev3.1
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 3x2Gb
Ati Sapphire HD 5770
Kingston SSD 64Gb (OS) <----------------------------------------------- Windows 7 is here
Samsung EVO 120GB (Games) <-------------------------------------- Battlefield is here
WesternDigital HD 300Gb (Media and other games) <----------- Documents are here
XFX 850W Bronze 80+
LG Flatron W2253V 23'' 1920x1080

Windows 7 64bit
Catalyst Version 13.12
Direct3D Version 9.14.10.01001

Custom CFG:
GameTime.MaxVariableFps 59.94
PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
PerfOverlay.DrawGraph 1
PerfOverlay.Enable 1
Render.DrawScreenInfo 0
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable 1
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1RuntimeEnable 1
RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 1
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
Screenshot.Format png
UI.DrawEnable 1
WorldRender.DxDeferredCsPathEnable 1
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
WorldRender.PlanarReflectionEnable 0

I tried tweaking and lowering graphic settings and repairing the game.

Message 29 of 30 (378 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yep got exactly the same thing and nothing seems to fix it. Tweaking the graphics sometimes makes it somewhat playable but doesn't eliminate the problem.
Message 30 of 30 (371 Views)