random Pings anywhere from 23 to 850

by EyeInSkyGuy

Original Post

random Pings anywhere from 23 to 850

★★ Novice

Lately Ive been getting random Pings anywhere from 23 to 850. sometimes refreshing and rebooting will allow me to play at acceptable ping. Cleared Cache on Chrome had ISP run tests replaced modem. keeps a pretty steady 65mps cable modem speed. everything but battlelog bf4 and bf3 seem to be affected. any ideas.

Message 1 of 9 (526 Views)

Re: random Pings anywhere from 23 to 850

Hero (Retired)

@EyeInSkyGuy Recently there hasn't been any issues on EA's end with multiplayer servers so the issue would be on your end. The download speed doesn't really matter to your ping in game, do you have any multiplayer games that you can try to see if the issue still persists there? Have you changed any of the settings in the network settings on your PC? Try resetting your router to factory defaults then reboot it by unplugging it for 30 seconds if your network settings on your PC are not changed.

Message 2 of 9 (510 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've cleared everything (cache) and have also run a speed test but Battlefield 4 still has a ping of like 125-200-999 ( recent weeks) but it used to be 56-67. Im stumped, Any fixes found?

Message 3 of 9 (501 Views)

★★ Novice

Interesting, as another poster on this thread has the exact problem and my isp, Charter ran tests both in their network and on-site at my house and determined the only time i incurred this issue is with the battlelog server. on a hunch the tech swapped out the modem. still the same issue. wasn't their just a battelog update. .  all through this the mbs remains in the 65mbs range. more than enough. when I log on battlelog am I logged onto a closest battlelog server available at the moment? all the best

Message 4 of 9 (495 Views)

★★ Novice

Interesting, as another poster on this thread has the exact problem and my isp, Charter ran tests both in their network and on-site at my house and determined the only time i incurred this issue is with the battlelog server. on a hunch the tech swapped out the modem. still the same issue. wasn't their just a battelog update. .  all through this the mbs remains in the 65mbs range. more than enough. when I log on battlelog am I logged onto a closest battlelog server available at the moment? all the best

Message 5 of 9 (494 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have the same problem. i thought lets check this bfhq page becouse i dont want to make a new topic. and battlelog is useless info for this.

before i had very much packet loss problems. so i asked for a new modem. they gave me a new modem (for free) 

BUT THEN i got this problem back. i cant play many matches without getting kicked for high ping.

my internet is 30 or 40 down and 3 or 4 up. so thats enough. a friend of me have 10 mb and no problems at all.

when i play battlefield 4 i get kicked becouse my ping go to over thousand and then i get kicked for high ping

and then its back to normal. i am very angry when that happens.

cuz i paid much money for this game and always there is a new problem.

first fps drops (nvidia drivers) fixed

then packet loss or rubber banding fixed

now i get high ping kicks and i can find a solve.

and yes you can say the new modem but if its 10x faster then the old one it should not be the modem faulth.

for packet loss problem i have tried everything on battlelog and what ea said. also opened ports but when i did i got kick that ports are not open and if i reset it and dont open it i dont get that error. so the more i try to fix the more problems i get back.

my ping is always 30 maybe some more but never higher then 40 if i play on servers in range. netherlands. germany. england belgium.

this is very frustrating becouse i tried so much but nothing helps or i cant find a fix. and getting fiber glass is no option that cost me 15 euro more a month.

what you said.. sure i go try another game and see what happens.

o yes the ping kicks are only on servers that have ping kick. yesterday i got 999 ping for some minutes and then it was back to normal.

i have teamspeak OR discord, origin, chrome browser. nvidia experience. evga precision X running in background. i dont know if windows do something in background but i dont think so.

when i look at taskmanager internet use is 0.1% when not gaming thats what it make it bad if i see no network is using then what makes my ping so bad

Message 6 of 9 (484 Views)

★★ Novice

A familiar High tech solution. when you don't know what it blames the other guy. charter my isp dedicated several hours on this and found it to be Ea s server, which coincidently never occurred till the latest update, which broke it.  so ea says nothing wrong on their end without even looking into the issue? I've tried every possible configuration, even a new cable modem, but ea, who updated origin lately says its not their issue? I have a steady 65 Mbs cable feed. nothing else is broke. Yet Ea claims this random ping problem is my issue?

Message 7 of 9 (464 Views)

★ Novice

Yall are so right as I have been experiencing the same problems now for about a year. I gave up on EA support a long time ago after having spent unnecessarily to upgrade components that didn't need it. I have done everything that you guys have done and then some. Bottom line, EA doesn't give a * about you or me or our game play, they are a business and there business survives on profitability. What's really funny is the amount of servers here in the USA- hardly any. Hum...that's very interesting. I really don't hear of many Europeans complaining much about the issues that we here face. Anybody that has a reasonable amount of IT experience can figure this out, it's called tough sh*&^t deal with it cause there isn't a fix or work around. It's common sense networking and if you understand the concepts of networking and communications you will find the same answers I did- there isn't much you can do about it but hope you get to play and not get kicked for high ping. Really sucks...

_jeff

Message 8 of 9 (440 Views)

★★★ Newbie
One of my Clan members (Sec8)sent a trace of my ip info to nfo and they fixed my ping some how. After a modem change, multiple calls to my provider and crappy gaming for overs month @ 125+ ping, I'm happy to announce I'm back playing at an even better ping than previous, 22 ping!
So trace your up, see if it's happening to you too. Turns out I was being routed through Seattle before going into the Chicago server! 😳 Hope this helps anyone experiencing this issue. 🤓🖖🏻
Message 9 of 9 (428 Views)