"Siege of Shanghai" Campaign bug on PS3, Black screen after loading checkpoint.

by kanethesaint

Original Post

"Siege of Shanghai" Campaign bug on PS3, Black screen after loading checkpoint.

★★★ Newbie

Is anyone having a problem with a black screen in the “Siege of Shanghai” campaign on PS3?

I have replayed the “Siege of Shanghai “ mission 6 times, not including the other 3 times that my campaign progress was erased because of some glitch with the save file being corrupt, the last time I had unlocked all the dog tags and weapons for every level except “Suez” including the .50 Cal that didn't show up until I replayed the “Singapore” mission. Anyway, every time I get to the helicopter on the roof no matter what I do I end up being killed then when the game reloads the check point all I get is audio, no picture at all. I've tried everything, restarted the PS3, ejected the game, wiped the disk down etc. No matter what it loads up with a black screen and only audio? So not only has my progress been wiped out 3 times in the campaign, now, my 4th time going through it I can’t go pass the second mission. This never happened the last 3 times I played it, only this time after I uploaded the new patch yesterday. Frustrating isn't’t a strong enough work for this. What can I do to fix this?

Message 1 of 112 (56,279 Views)

Re: "Siege of Shanghai" Campaign bug on PS3, Black screen after loading checkpoint.

★★★ Newbie
Same exact thing happen to me also. I tried restarting the mission and got the same thing. Maybe try playing without dying? I haven't tried that yet, unless you die no matter what. But I can't figure out what the problem is either. I might have to delete the data and reinstall it or something. I just started so not much I can lose. If nothing works will have yo return it.
Message 2 of 112 (55,654 Views)

Re: "Siege of Shanghai" Campaign bug on PS3, Black screen after loading checkpoint.

★★ Novice

I did it all the way through and finally didnt die, after that no more problems.... go figure.

Message 3 of 112 (55,651 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too have had trouble with the Shanghai level.  As soon as the VIPs get on the helo, everything goes black.  The audio is still there, I just can't see anything.  I've even gone to the beginning of the level, I've started my PS3 over again but still I get blackness.  I might try to go back to the beginning of this level, try not to die and see what happens.  

Message 4 of 112 (55,469 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Get to work dice! funny how ea doesn't included a service number on pamphlet. fkin pussies
Message 5 of 112 (55,461 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

its doing it to me too, and I couldnt be more pissed....ridiculous.

Message 6 of 112 (55,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Same thing happening here!

I have BF3 and I never experienced anything like these glitches / bugs but with BF4 it's a common occurrence for the game to crash!

It's very annoying, I've had the corrupt save game problem, now this one.
Poor service, on what is looking to be a promising game, however if it continues I won't be buying the premium DLC.
Dice / EA you've lost this consumer.

Bad form
Message 7 of 112 (55,298 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue

Message 8 of 112 (55,176 Views)

★ Novice

Exact same issue.  Restarted to previous load point, will try to get through Helicopter scene and see if it happens again.

Message 9 of 112 (54,873 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so did you just have to start the whole campaign over again? 

Message 10 of 112 (54,869 Views)