Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Keeper
kanethesaint

"Siege of Shanghai" Campaign bug on PS3, Black screen after loading checkpoint.

Is anyone having a problem with a black screen in the “Siege of Shanghai” campaign on PS3?

I have replayed the “Siege of Shanghai “ mission 6 times, not including the other 3 times that my campaign progress was erased because of some glitch with the save file being corrupt, the last time I had unlocked all the dog tags and weapons for every level except “Suez” including the .50 Cal that didn't show up until I replayed the “Singapore” mission. Anyway, every time I get to the helicopter on the roof no matter what I do I end up being killed then when the game reloads the check point all I get is audio, no picture at all. I've tried everything, restarted the PS3, ejected the game, wiped the disk down etc. No matter what it loads up with a black screen and only audio? So not only has my progress been wiped out 3 times in the campaign, now, my 4th time going through it I can’t go pass the second mission. This never happened the last 3 times I played it, only this time after I uploaded the new patch yesterday. Frustrating isn't’t a strong enough work for this. What can I do to fix this?

Acolyte
supranewbie

Re: "Siege of Shanghai" Campaign bug on PS3, Black screen after loading checkpoint.

Same exact thing happen to me also. I tried restarting the mission and got the same thing. Maybe try playing without dying? I haven't tried that yet, unless you die no matter what. But I can't figure out what the problem is either. I might have to delete the data and reinstall it or something. I just started so not much I can lose. If nothing works will have yo return it.
Keeper
dgstriker1

Re: "Siege of Shanghai" Campaign bug on PS3, Black screen after loading checkpoint.

I did it all the way through and finally didnt die, after that no more problems.... go figure.

Keeper
stavesacre5

I too have had trouble with the Shanghai level.  As soon as the VIPs get on the helo, everything goes black.  The audio is still there, I just can't see anything.  I've even gone to the beginning of the level, I've started my PS3 over again but still I get blackness.  I might try to go back to the beginning of this level, try not to die and see what happens.  

Keeper
thewithered

Get to work dice! funny how ea doesn't included a service number on pamphlet. fkin pussies
Keeper
krunkmasta420

its doing it to me too, and I couldnt be more pissed....ridiculous.

Keeper
bodrinbarlow

[ Edited ]
Same thing happening here!

I have BF3 and I never experienced anything like these glitches / bugs but with BF4 it's a common occurrence for the game to crash!

It's very annoying, I've had the corrupt save game problem, now this one.
Poor service, on what is looking to be a promising game, however if it continues I won't be buying the premium DLC.
Dice / EA you've lost this consumer.

Bad form
Keeper
mohjd111

Same issue

Keeper
jonzy350

Exact same issue.  Restarted to previous load point, will try to get through Helicopter scene and see if it happens again.

Keeper
mattkyser

so did you just have to start the whole campaign over again?