"ERROR Could not communicate with BF4. Please use the Task Manager to close it down."

by Viikkttor

Original Post

"ERROR Could not communicate with BF4. Please use the Task Manager to close it down."

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When i try to join a server i get the message:

ERROR
Could not communicate with BF4. Please use the Task Manager to close it down.

altho, i can join full server's Queue, but when thats done i get same message again.
Please help me.
Message 1 of 52 (41,469 Views)

Re: "ERROR Could not communicate with BF4. Please use the Task Manager to close it down."

★★ Novice

close bf4.exe process in Task Manager or restart the computer

Message 2 of 52 (40,796 Views)

Re: "ERROR Could not communicate with BF4. Please use the Task Manager to close it down."

★★★ Newbie

i restarted my pc and used task manager to close it and it doesnt work still

Message 3 of 52 (40,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So far I have

-restarted the computer

-used a different web browser

-Delete the folder in my documents

-Done a repair install

-Uninstalled then reinstalled with a restart.  

Still no succsess.  It happened after I had to kill BF4.exe from task manager when it was first running, instead of properly closing it.  It seems to think its still running, yet its not (not BF4.exe in task manager)

Would be nice to play it, but I understand its a beta.

*EDIT*

After doing "tasklist" in CMD, I noticed bf4.exe there, however its not labeled as a service or a console (the only one in the tasklist not labeled), and it says its using up 1.475 GB of Memory.
Tryed to "taskkill" it, but it comes up with "There is no running instance of the task"

Message 4 of 52 (40,001 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did like rorian1 told me to do, go to taskmaster remove the bf4.exe file, but I didn't reboot my computer, worked fine for me.

Message 5 of 52 (39,806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

same problem here!

Occures mostly after the game crashes :/

And yes, i tried killing the bf4.exe ^^

C:\Windows\system32>taskkill /IM bf4.exe
FEHLER: Der Prozess "bf4.exe" mit PID 4472 konnte nicht beendet werden.
Ursache: Die Beendigung dieses Prozesses muss erzwungen werden
(mit der Option /F).

roughly translates into:

Error: process bf4.exe with PID 4472 could not be terminated.

Reason: Termination of the process has to be forced (with /F)

Ok, then lets do this:

C:\Windows\system32>taskkill /F /IM bf4.exe
FEHLER: Der Prozess "bf4.exe" mit PID 4472 konnte nicht beendet werden.
Ursache: Von dieser Aufgabe wird momentan keine Instanz ausgeführt.

roughly translates into:

Error: process bf4.exe with PID 4472 could not be terminated.

Reason: No instance of this task is currently running

Only solution that works 4 me is restarting my computer :/

Message 6 of 52 (39,374 Views)

★ Novice

then we are two

Message 7 of 52 (37,124 Views)

★ Novice

TRy restarting youre pc 

Message 8 of 52 (37,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

*SOLUTION*

This is for the lot of you where BF4.exe is not showing up in task manager and restarting your computer does not solve the issue

1. You need to boot up your PC in safe mode (find out how to do that with your current OS, Win8 is a bit different then the past others)

-Reason for Safe Mode, is that you cant delete your BF4 files while this invisible BF4.exe is running, Safemode will stop it.

2. Delete your BF4 Files, should be located in (Program files (x86) / Origin Games )

3. Go to Control Panel, and Add/Remove programs, then unistall BF4 from there.

4. Exit Safe mode, and boot up your computer Normally.

5. Run "cmd" and type "tasklist" in cmd

6. Check for bf4.exe, If its not there good.

7. Open origin and Install/Reinstall BF4 Beta

8. Enjoy

*Note. If BF4 does not close properlly you may need to repeat all of this again to get it working after.

Best of luck

Message 9 of 52 (36,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found a solution that might work for you guys, start task manager go to processes, end bf4.exe then start up beta from origin then go to server browser try joining a game it worked for me hope it works for you.

Message 10 of 52 (36,195 Views)