"Account does not meet minimum requirements"

by cammustizer

Original Post

Re: "Account does not meet minimum requirements"

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i am new here at the forum. 

I am trying to find a solution for my 11 year old son to play Battlefront on PS4.

I created a sub account for him so far so good.

I am not sure how to proceed. i have seen the video, I'm not sure whether i should connect my sons sub account to mac Origin account to make him able to play online, or create another origin account for him as well. If i need to start an account for him, do i need to change the age to be over 13 in order to get i to work?

Would like clarification before i start tomess around with this fix and maybe do something wrong.

Message 41 of 72 (1,687 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@ecyert wrote:

This did not work for us because we didn't get a PSN option on the Origin login. However, this led us another direction to a solution. Googled "How to link a PS account with an EA account," and found step by step directions. Followed them with success!! (Better directions than were on the Origins help page, by the way.)

@privatehardson wrote:

I had the same problem. The error message tells me to visit help.EA.com for more information, but there is no useful information to be found. However, I was able to get it working by setting up an Origin account for my son and then linking that Origin account to the new PSN subaccount I created. Here are the steps (from memory, hopefully I didn't screw one up):

1. Create a PSN subaccount for your kid

2. On PS4, try go play BF4. You get error message saying "Account does not meet minimum requirements" Booo!

3. In a web browser, go to origin.com. Logout if you are already signed in.

4. Create a new account on origin.com for your kid.

5. Logout of the origin account (yes, logout again)

6. Select Login again (yes, AGAIN) but this time choose the PSN option at the bottom of the Origin login screen. Sign in with your kids PSN subaccount.

7. Origin will now ask you to link the account. Link it to the account you created in step 4.

8. Now, finally, on PS4, try to play BF4 using your kids PSN sub-account. You should be good to go.

Hi, i triedthis solution, but i used the client on a desktop computer.  I set up an Origin account for mi kid but with older age, so he would be able to play. Now that we log on to PS4 and try to play the game it sauys you are not logged in with your ea account (we are trying to play Star wars battlefront).

Any suggestions or does it take some time before everything is synked with different servers?

Or is it because his psn subaccount is is real age of 11? please help me get this working

Message 42 of 72 (1,670 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know your comments on this are a little aged... but do you recall the age you put your child in as?  i cannot create an origin account for my son.  I've read on Reddit that the age limit is 13.  Do you know?

Message 43 of 72 (1,597 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do you link the psn account to the origin one?

Message 44 of 72 (1,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Brikos246 wrote:

how do you link the psn account to the origin one?

https://help.ea.com/en/article/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/

Details are towards the bottom of the article.  Click "Expand" to see them.

Message 45 of 72 (1,533 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thanks man! This helped me get my son's accounts all linked up.
Message 46 of 72 (1,507 Views)

★★★ Newbie
👏🏽👍🏾🎮🎮 thank you!
Message 47 of 72 (1,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks you so much you are a genius
Message 48 of 72 (1,406 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So basically what you are saying is that I have to make a new Sub-account for him? So his account that we have spent all the money on so far that he has games like Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 and all of that will be lost and we will have to spend more money to buy the games again for the new sub account? That is not going happen. I already spent money for games on his original account so I am not going to waste more money buying them again if he already owns them on his one account. EA and PSN won't fix this because they want us to spend more money. 

Message 49 of 72 (1,356 Views)

EA DICE Team

@KyleMonster03

You won't need to make a new account. You just have to import PSN friends via your Origin account on the PC as detailed in the above posts.

However, while this works for Xbox there is to my knowledge no method of playing online games if you are on a PSN sub account.

Message 50 of 72 (1,348 Views)