origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please choose yes

by s1n9ularity

Original Post

Re: origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please ch

★★★ Newbie

i tried that and only got one UAC message and it still didn't work

Message 41 of 100 (5,430 Views)

Re: origin needs to download files and is waiting for your permissions.please ch

★★★ Newbie

this is dumb * we need to be able to update your game

Message 42 of 100 (5,422 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've tried all the reinstallation suggestions now and the notification settings (I don't have sliders! I'm on Windows 10) and the ONLY thing that has ever worked is going into safe mode with network to let the updates complete. Now, this is doubly annoying... as safe mode won't let me use wireless internet, I have to physically move my tower PC so I can stretch an ethernet cable to it from downstairs lol

Especially since games seem to require updates every week or two xD

Come on EA... sort this out! You have some good games and loyal users, but this problem is ridiculous!

Message 43 of 100 (5,387 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My god! It worked without safe mode!

Found this on one of the many, many threads about this issue, about a clean boot - https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

I then ran origin as administrator and the update actually frigging worked. *faints*

Seriously though, people shouldn't have to research, troubleshoot, trawl forums and have to fiddle with their computer's system settings to make a piece of software from a big company work. Not everybody is computer literate - some just want to play a game and have fun. A piece of software shouldn't have the same problem for years, it should be made to function as it should - TO JUST WORK.

Message 44 of 100 (5,377 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do you select yes

Message 45 of 100 (5,059 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had similar problem, where nothing helped with this problem (clearing cache, clean boot, administrator priviledges, UAC, firewall settings), but ultimately I managed to solve it at least for me. The problem was with windows itself, in my case windows 7. My windows update had become "stuck" in a way, which seems to be not so rare problem. Solving the update problem allowed me to install critical and optional updates, which then solved all problems with origin. This is what I did:

1. Go to your windows update and try to update. In my case, I got the error "windows update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running. you may need to restart you computer"

2. There are several ways to solve this, but for me what worked was to delete windows update temporary storage folder. This causes you to lose your update history, but it allows you to update your windows again. Apparently Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver (Intel RST) can also be behind the problem and installing latest drivers may solve the problem. Installing KB3102810 Standalone Update has also been reported to solve the update problem. More info can be found from: https://www.wintips.org/windows-update-cannot-check-for-updates-windows-8-7-or-vista-solved/ , but I'll write here what I did according to that link.

3. To delete the update temporary storage, we first need to take windows update off for a while. Hit "Windows key + R" and type in the command box services.msc and hit enter. Search for Windows Update Service from the list, right click on it and select stop. 

4. Go to C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution and delete the contents. 

5. Back at the Services list right click on Windows Update Service and select start.

6. Try to update windows again, now it takes sometime as it establishes the current update level. For me, it offered ~4 critical updates and about 40 optional ones, of which I installed everything.

7. I uninstalled Origin restarted computer and installed it again.

8. All problems vanished and I could once again download and update games!

Apparently newer origin versions rely on certain windows updates, and this might explain why for some people origin just suddenly stops working sometimes: windows updates get stuck. Windows doesn't really tell about this, unless you yourself go and check it, so that's why I guess it goes unnoticed.

I hope this might help some of you, who are stuck with this annoying problem with Origin not downloading/updating games.

Message 46 of 100 (4,878 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I did that but now my sims 4 is stuck updating, very very very upsetting

Message 47 of 100 (4,639 Views)

★★★ Novice

I already know a lot of people found some help but another way to fix this is to clear you cache! I forgot the link bc I was too excited this worked! Anyway after I did that I made sure I deleted origin and reinstalled on the site and finally it’s downloading😊

Message 48 of 100 (4,468 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello Kashabuya!
I've tried many times to re-install with UAC at the highest but it doesn't work any other solutions?
btw I've tried to run it as an administrator but it doesn't wok then either!
All help is appreciated!

(I am trying to download Apex Legends)

Message 49 of 100 (4,063 Views)

★ Novice

i think you are right because a year ago i could download games and it worked fine and now that i didnt update my windows it doesnt work so your solution will probably work

Message 50 of 100 (4,002 Views)