iPad Smartglass Companion (Battlescreen) for Xbox One hangs with white screen

by puresalsa

Original Post

iPad Smartglass Companion (Battlescreen) for Xbox One hangs with white screen

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I got BF4 for Xbox One last week and started using the Smartglass Companion app. It worked fine for a few days; I really enjoyed seeing the full map during the game. Now when I launch the Companion App it just shows a white screen, with no buttons or anything. Oddly, it's not totally white, but around the edges starts to fade to gray. (For those technically inclined, I'd call this a radial gradient from off-white to light gray, since the large white center area is roughly circular.)

Even if I tell the smartglass app to relaunch the companion, it starts up with the same white screen. I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Smartglass app itself.

Note that this isn't the iPad native Battlelog or Commander app, but the Smartglass Companion running inside the Xbox One Smartglass app.

On a related note, is there any way to submit a proper bug report or get real tech support from EA or DICE? 

Here's a screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2m0pleklun3imf8/2014-02-04%2020.02.43.png

Message 1 of 6 (971 Views)

Re: iPad Smartglass Companion for Xbox One hangs with white screen

★★ Novice
The Battlescreen doesn't come up in the native iPad Battlelog app either. I get a black screen with blinking cursor animation and no way to exit (short of force-quitting the app).
Message 2 of 6 (941 Views)

Re: iPad Smartglass Companion (Battlescreen) for Xbox One hangs with white screen

★★★ Newbie
I am having the exact same issue with my xbox one and the smart glass app on my iPad. It worked fine since I got the game up until about a week ago.
Message 3 of 6 (761 Views)

Re: iPad Smartglass Companion (Battlescreen) for Xbox One hangs with white screen

★★★ Newbie
Same problem here. I tried removing and re-installing the smartglass app, but that didn't help. I'm now trying a re-install of BF4 on my Xbone. Everything was working fine for months and just suddenly stopped. There were no updates or anything that I saw come in that could have potentially caused something to break.
Message 4 of 6 (745 Views)

★ Novice
Same here. White screen.
Message 5 of 6 (696 Views)

★★ Novice
Same issue
Spoke with xbox customer support today and they couldn't figure it out either and suggested getting in touch with the game developers. But I guess they don't know anything either
Message 6 of 6 (662 Views)