failure nvwgf2umx.dll

by -aL-ZePeQueNo-

Original Post

Re: failure nvwgf2umx.dll

Hero (Retired)

Give this a try ..

Maybe this  is one reason why I never get this error anymore as I run CC cleaner on my game pc every week the cleaner area and the registry area. I also run CC cleaner on registry area anytime I add or remove a program on my PC then reboot PC and check registry again and keep doing this reboot and clean registry drill until it finds nothing in registry.

With all the testing I did with this error I am sure all the extra stuff the video card driver installs makes this error. Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll it is not due to BF4 as all over the net you will see this error for other games and programs on peoples PC's. So holding off for BF4 to fix it is pointless as the issue is on the PC not the game.

After much testing on my own PC the last few weeks this is my list of steps for you guys and girls to try and kill it once and for all. As I could not understand how I got it gone since May and it was not working for others.

1- Download CC cleaner or a program like it and install it, I use CC cleaner and yes this is how I change my video card driver when it needs doing. Semi pain but worth it for me as I had a war with this error for 8 months and I dont want it back.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

2- download new video card driver and put it on your desktop.

3- Un plug your net to the PC it can't be online, this is done to stop windows from installing the video card driver from windows update.

4- Open CC cleaner go to tools and remove all things Nvidia reboot if need be go back to tools and remove every trace of nvidia and reboot pc.

5- When back on desktop open CC cleaner and go to registry scan for issues and fix selected issues then reboot. Keep doing this step until it finds no issues in registry 2x in a row to be safe and reboot PC after each scan.

6-When back on desktop and you know registry has zero issiues 2x then work on video card driver part.

7-start video card install agree and continue on win8.1 it gives me a warrning reg net unpluged continue anyway.

8-Pick custom /Advanced install

9- Do NOT let the video card driver install HD Audio driver or Geforce experience so uncheck both they CAN NOT go in

10- check off perform clean install 

11- you are only going to let the video card driver install 4 things and DO NOT let it install HD Audio driver or Geforce experience and check off  perform clean install.

12-When done reboot PC and plug the Net back in. Then open Nvidia Control panel and go to adjust image settings with preview.

13-Pick use my preference and set it to performance to help run BF4 more smooth most FPS etc. Reboot PC  to be safe after reboot  run repair game or kill the BF4 folder in my documents and repair game but this will make it so you have to redo your ingame settings.and then test BF4

Message 21 of 37 (22,735 Views)

★★ Novice

tryed your suggestion. Still crashing.

Message 22 of 37 (22,719 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had the same problem with nvwgf2umx.dll after googling the hole day I switched to an older version of Nvidia driver: 335.23 and it works no crash in 3 hours gaming Battlefield 4!

here is what I did:   You should reboot after every step just to be sure nvidia is really gone! Confusedmileyhappy:

- I deinstalled the nvidia driver - also used CC-Cleaner to check for registry & Nvidia drivers (did it twice after every reboot!)

- then I went to the "Device-Manager" in german "Geräte-Manager" and deinstalled the complete videocard (I used my intel grafiks on the second monitor)

- restarted and nvidia was complete gone -

!!! remember to check C:/NVIDIA and also plug out the internetcable to be sure no nvidia driver would be installed !!!

After the system was cleaned, I installed the older Version of Nvidia 335.23 (some guy in the nvidia forum told it helped him!!!)

I only installed the grafik driver - nothing else... I will reply if it works tomorrow or if I just was lucky in the last 3 hours. 

If you have questions for the steps or something else... Please give a reply if this helped you too.  

Until then - hope to see you all out there on the Battlefield! Greetings from Germany! falcc0N

Message 23 of 37 (22,692 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried it, sadly didn't work either.

Message 24 of 37 (22,649 Views)

★★ Novice

ok crashed again :/ but was able to play about 10 hours without crash ... 

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: bf4.exe, Version: 1.3.2.3825, Zeitstempel: 0x53a4d82a
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: nvwgf2umx.dll, Version: 9.18.13.3523, Zeitstempel: 0x5315b4af
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000ef889
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1c0
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cfd1fe4d6d9643
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Games\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\bf4.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvwgf2umx.dll
Berichtskennung: 69dfe7ca-3df6-11e4-8273-bc5ff4d2dc90
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

Message 25 of 37 (22,635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Please help.

I run a gaming centre and i am having the same crash on every PC everytime i or a customer runs Battlefield 4.

Faulting application name: bf4.exe, version: 1.3.2.15221, time stamp: 0x541a1598
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 9.18.13.3523, time stamp: 0x5315b4af
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000003cb604
Faulting process id: 0x13dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfddb2528537e3
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\bf4.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2umx.dll
Report Id: df94f9a0-49b0-11e4-9ac9-74d4351dd29a

I have tried every fix i could find on forums and i have now run out of fixes to try.
the crash can happen randomly but is most common to happen when the game is loading into a new map.

i have battlefield 4 premium accounts on all my gaming machines - but my customers are not able to enjoy the game due to these crashes.

Fixes tested:
- updating to latest graphics driver.
- reinstalling old nvidia drivers
- uninstalling all nvidia drivers, running registry cleaners, reinstalling drivers excluding nvidia audio and geforce experience drivers.
- downloading new nvwgf2umx.dll file and replacing.
- fixing .dll files
- disabling origin in game
- going to: nvidia control panel, configure surround, physx, physx settings, processor  and selected my processor

I have tried more fixes but too many to recall.

Please help. As i mentioned i run a gaming centre and have invested a lot into being able to play this game. But instead i keep getting this same crash on all of my gaming machines. 

this is my fb page for my gaming centre: https://www.facebook.com/TalkAndSurfCardiff

Thank You
Qasim Din
Message 26 of 37 (22,486 Views)

★★ Novice

I think its fixed now I dont get any errors now

try these 2 things:

-start Origin and Bf4 as Administrator! thst important! (perhaps its difficult @ a gmaing center but u need to do this!)

-and in Origin u need to disable the overlay

game runs fine now no crashes for 2-3 weeks

Message 27 of 37 (22,482 Views)

★★★ Newbie

already am doing this...
just chatted live with nvidia support.
was told to try reinstall punkbuster.
will try that now

Message 28 of 37 (22,478 Views)

★★★ Newbie

nope - still crashing with same error

Message 29 of 37 (22,470 Views)

★★★ Novice

hey there,i just googled this error,and i`ve seen you explained something but,wanted to ask you in private,what the heck means this,i played fifa 15 but today i decided to intall windows 8.1
(previous version was 8.0),and now after i select the language,this error pop`s up,what is to do in this case?,BTW this is about fifa 15!

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    fifa15.exe
  Application Version:    1.3.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    543806b6
  Fault Module Name:    fifa15.exe
  Fault Module Version:    1.3.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    543806b6
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    0000000003da48ab
  OS Version:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.98
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    9217