directX error

by coldicekekin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

directX error

★ Novice

Hello a few hours back there was al of the sudden a problem with my BF 4
When i want to log in to a multiplayerserver my computer gives me the following message

DirectX function "GetDiviceRemovedReason" failed with
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The device is hung which is typically
caussed with issues in the graphics driver or alternatively the application").
GPU: "NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 980", Driver: 34752

I don't know what to do please help

greetings 

Coldicekekin

Message 1 of 3 (387 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: directX error

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hello @coldicekekin 

Try the following.

• Completely remove and reinstall the drivers for your video card.
  • Delete the configuration file settings of the game. (My Documents---folder Battlefield 4)
  • Reinstall DirectX http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=35 or Try running the installer from the BF4 installation folder as administrator and then restart your computer. The default location of this installer is here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\DirectX\redist 

• Reinstall the game.

Good luck.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (389 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hello @coldicekekin 

Try the following.

• Completely remove and reinstall the drivers for your video card.
  • Delete the configuration file settings of the game. (My Documents---folder Battlefield 4)
  • Reinstall DirectX http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=35 or Try running the installer from the BF4 installation folder as administrator and then restart your computer. The default location of this installer is here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\DirectX\redist 

• Reinstall the game.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 3 (390 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I personally solved it.........
Win7 64, GTX780Ti 32GB RAM
This is how I did it:
- Download an uninstalling tool (I used REVO Pro 30 days free trial). Install it.
- Restart the system in safe mode with networking.
- Launch the uninstalling tool and remove all NVIDIA drivers, applications and programs (Revo, after uninstalling each voice shows you a list of remaining files and folders related to what you have uninstalled, and asks you if you want to delete them. Choose DELETE everytime untill you have removed them all).
- Restart the system in safe mode with networking again. If Windows start install drivers at the start, if you can stop it, but if you can, let it do it.
- Navigate through C or whatever your Hard Disk is, and delete all NVIDIA folders left in the system. All of them.
- At this point I went to the NVIDIA web site and downloaded the 350.12 driver version, but not the GEForce Experience.
- I restarted the system in normal mode.
- Once started I noticed that in Windows update there was (not in the important download list, but in the other one), there a was NVIDIA adapter file to download, even if I have never seen it in there before. I downloaded it and restarted the system again.
- I play with no crashes since then, even if I noticed a little less performance in graphic, slightly).
- The only thing I cannot explain is that now, in NVIDIA control panel and in the control panel, the graphic driver is the 353.82.... And in the NVIDIA web site, this version is not listed, is just not there. In the downloaded files I still have the 350.12 that I have installed before as I said, but the one that is shown by NCP and CP is the 353.82....

Who wants can try these steps, and see if crashing issue stops.... If you have the same 353.82 surprise an knows how to explain it, I'll glad to know.....
Good luck guys, hoping to forget about this finally.....

Message 3 of 3 (238 Views)