10-07-2013 11:02 AM
So I was playing bf4 and everything worked properly, then i went off for like 5 hours and since then PunkBuster keeps kicking me from servers and gives me this message:
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-07-2013 10:14 AM - edited 10-07-2013 10:25 AM
Here is an error message I get when BF4 beta closes up on me.
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'XXXXXX' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed
What is this supposed to be ?
10-07-2013 10:29 AM
I initally thought, some game server admin was kicking me out for some reason !
But then when i saw the lines "Punkbuster.exe" i ruled out that possibility. Guess it's a game issue.
10-07-2013 10:44 AM
When I keep on trying to join a Battlefield 4 beta server I am kicked by PunkBuster- PunkBuster kicked player 'lambiam2011' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Corrupted File/Memory . I don't understand why. Does anyone know how to fix this?
10-07-2013 10:49 AM
I have this too, but its only been since i installed M$ driver to use my xbox 360 controller.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
10-07-2013 10:52 AM
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player '' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Corrupted File/Memory 
10-07-2013 10:54 AM
Same error, but its not windows related. because i just saw origin installing an update for bf4 beta. so as of the update you get kicked out for cheating no matter if you do or not... nice work EA/DICE and yet another game that doesnt work.
10-07-2013 10:55 AM
We received reports from players experiencing disconnections from the Battlefield 4 beta servers, possibly with a PunkBuster error message (stating “you were kicked by PunkBuster”).
We are currently investigating this issue internally and will update you here as soon as we have more info.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
11-06-2013 04:59 PM
I hade problem with this, and it is a 2 part fix for the problem:
1. Run "pbsvc.exe" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4"
2. Click "TestServices" andpunkbusterwilltrytheservice.
The text in the "Punkbuster Services Test" probably say something like this:
Is PnkBstrB explicitly allowed?
This solution can help you if the logs say NO on "PnkBstrA" and PnkBstrB !!!
If your log say NO, "PnkBstrA" and "PnkBstrB" is located in wrong folder on your computer.
1. Open up "C:\Windows\SysWOW64"
2. Find "PnkBstrA" and "PnkBstrB"
3. Copy or Cut both files from the folder
4. Paste "PnkBstrA" and "PnkBstrB" in to the folder "C:\Windows\System32"
5. If there is questions about permissions, click Ok/Yes
Now the files are restored to the right folder and all we need to do is to tell windows firewall to accept this apps to communicate:
1. Open the control panel and go to: "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
2. Click the "Change Settings" button
3. Press Ok/Yes if there is a question about permissions
4. Click the "Allow another app..." button
5. Press "browse..." and chose the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe"
6. Press "OK"
7. Press "Add"
8. Repeat step 4-7 but with the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe" Instead
Your problem should now be fixed and you are free to enjoy.