computer goes to powersaving mode when playing

by marcusnaumburg

Original Post

computer goes to powersaving mode when playing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

ive got a pretty strange issue with battlefield 4.

when ive attatched my computer to the reciever/projector thru mini-displayport/thunderbolt the computer goes to powersaving mode after about 10-15 minutes when playing the game.

this isnt happening with any other game ive tried.

and all powersaving-settings are turned off in windows. (tried with both on and off)

so does anyone know why this happens? it shouldnt go to powersaving mode when playing a game and as it only happens when playing battlefield 4 i guess the issue is with the game and not windows.

im on windows 8.1 by the way..

thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3 (170 Views)

Re: computer goes to powersaving mode when playing

★★★★ Guide

Let's look at the situation that EA / DICE is in.

They live in a house infested with termites (get it? BUGS!). They know that the house is full of termites and it is not safe to live in the house, but they can not afford to tear down the whole house all at once and rebuild. They are fixing one support beam, and cross members at a time until they can fix the whole house.

Another word, EA / DICE know they have issues with this game and are fixing one item at a time based on the priority of what they deem important.

I am assuming that this may be one of their lower priority issues as you are stil lable to play the game, just in Power Saving mode. I know you said you turned off all power saving modes, but did this happen when you were on battery or on ac? Sometimes, company like dell have their own battery monitor pre-installed from the factory and you may want to check the setting on that too.

If this message helped you or direct you to the right direction, just click the XP box at the bottom right of the message.

XP = Thanks for helping or what a funny guy.
Accept as solution = This solved my problem!

Message 2 of 3 (159 Views)

Re: computer goes to powersaving mode when playing

★ Apprentice

Maybe your graphics card can't do the job and crashes ?  what are your pc specs?

Message 3 of 3 (154 Views)