Re: can't connect to BF4 servers on Xbox One

by emmerson88

Original Post

can't connect to BF4 servers on Xbox One

★★ Novice

It is unreal to me that we are still having the issues that we are having with this game. Why the heck would DICE release a game in this state? The problem is so profound that there just cannot be any way that they did not know this problem existed pre-release. The reason is profit driven, and it (to me) is an absolute backhand to all their customers. 

I started out on Xbox 360, had what I thought were big problems joining games and the game freezing. Had an opportunity to purchase an X1, and did so along with BF4 for X1, and low and behold....the issues are 1000 times worse on the X1. It absolutely will not connect me to a game any longer, unless I spend a few hours clicking matchmaking over and over again. It gives me a variation of errors such as "You have lost the connection to the session", "You have lost connection to the EA servers", no error at all, etc. Who has the time to button jam for hours trying to join a game, that we paid to have the rights for? Congrats DICE, you got my 360 game purchase, my X1 game purchase, and my Premium purchase totaling close to $200 for what (at this point) I consider as a waste of money. I truly hope that you will get these issues corrected as soon as possible. To be frank, I am surprised that there has not been more media attention on the quality of this game. Perhaps some of us should express our concerns to the national media so that others dont fall victim to this in the way that those of us that purchased it already have. If a car manufacturer produced a vehicle with problems of similar scale to this game, it would have been shut down and recalled within days. 

Congrats on the launch of the game. I love it when I actually do have the chance to connect to a server. I have troubleshot everything and the issue is not on my end (such as internet connectivity). 

Message 1 of 55 (23,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same here. BF4 on X one is a great game but the chances of actually being able to play the game is rare to none. I could try for hours to join a game, or sit on a queue just to get to number 1 then not connect anyway, but instead I just play COD. DICE sucks and I have no problem joining a game in COD so why waste your time with BF4, you already wasted your money. It would be nice if the media tore them apart for this but that will never happen so lets all just play COD and make DICE beg us to come back.
Message 2 of 55 (22,963 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA/DICE owes us money. Either a partial refund or a full on money back return.  It's not an issue with the game mechanics or latency or rubber banding, I literally cannot use this game for anything other than a coaster. I have not had any access to the Premium content that I've paid for and now I can't even get into a match. Even my single player game saves got wiped out.

Message 3 of 55 (22,948 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Still happening here. "you have lost connection to the ea servers. Online features will be unavailable."

Message 4 of 55 (22,521 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Exact same thing with me! I literally have to scroll through the servers to find one and even then most of them have 15 person queues. I just want to play a match. But when it works its a hell of amount of fun! But you guys cant blame Dice at all for it. It is not them that you cant join a game. That is only EAs fault for the servers. They are to blame and their is no excuse! I just want to play a game and they cant deliver. EA needs to improve!!
Message 5 of 55 (22,285 Views)

★★ Novice
Same damn problem man! **bleep** is pissing me off so much! Payed $30 for both expansions and can't play any of them. This is unfair and ABSoLUTlEY rediculous
Message 6 of 55 (22,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE

I spent $100 on the game and "premium" and cannot even play the game online!

all servers have 50+ queue

even when you get to the top of the queue, it fails to join the server

there has been nothing but problems since DAY ONE for B4 Online

definitely never buying another EA product. waste of money, waste of time.  i guess that's why EA wins the "worst company in the US" award every year. thanks for taking my $100 and giving me a useless product

Message 7 of 55 (22,266 Views)

★★ Novice
I also can't join a single **bleep**ing game! This is inexcusable! I hope you get sued into bankruptcy you pathetic **bleep**ing excuse of a company ! All your games end up broken and this is the last god damn straw. You worthless **bleep**ing **bleep**bags! Lie cheat and steal! And **bleep** you too moderator! I will be having conversions with Microsoft and lawyers about this!
Message 8 of 55 (21,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am a big big fan of the battlefield games I played battlefield 3 like crazy on the xbox360, then even bought battlefield 4 on the xbox 360 to playing it a lot going up to the xbox one release, but the xbox one release sure its worked sometimes but mostly its not worked even paid for the premium membership to and its crazy paying soo much but not really getting the use you need to sort this out! I think you owe us all that. I even got a free download of it when I get my new PC to play so I hope it actually works on there at least! Don't ruin one of my favourite games ever!

Message 9 of 55 (21,654 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just disgusting how this is being handled by EA/DICE. Pay for a game and really these types of games are ALL ABOUT THE ONLINE PLAY and we cant do it??????????? just a waste of time for me to even type this comment but damn am i pissed off.........what a joke!

Message 10 of 55 (21,616 Views)