battlefield 4ps3 on ps4

by grays85

Original Post

battlefield 4ps3 on ps4

★★★ Newbie

just managed to get a ps4... i have battlefield 4 on ps3 disc (level 140) how do i get it onto my ps4? the disc is not recognised?

Message 1 of 6 (349 Views)

Re: battlefield 4ps3 on ps4

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @grays85

PS3 games won't work on PS4, you would need to purchase Battlefield 4 for PS4.

- Andy -

Message 2 of 6 (333 Views)

★ Novice

That is ridiculous.. he already paid for the game before, now he has to buy it AGAIN?  This is a problem with the developer (EA) not with the consumer.

Message 3 of 6 (321 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Bozzman70 - Only needs to purchase again if playing on PS4. The PS3 copy will still work perfectly on the PS3 itself.

@grays85 - There may be a digital upgrade available but only if you received a code in the box and I believe that will depend on when you purchased the game - http://us.playstation.com/digitalupgrade/

- Andy -

Message 4 of 6 (315 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks i bought the game when it came out,   so i don't think ill be paying out a second time for the same game...sigh  great game too

Message 5 of 6 (311 Views)

@grays85 wrote:

thanks i bought the game when it came out,   so i don't think ill be paying out a second time for the same game...sigh  great game too

For a limited time there was a Sony Promotion where you could redeem a code from a launch copy of BF4 (the limited edition) which allowed you to use your PS3 BF4 disc to play BF4 on your PS4. This promotion ended in March 2014. You could call Sony if your game has one of the codes and see if they would honor it, but I wouldn't expect too much.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 6 of 6 (301 Views)