battlefield 4 wont finish install for ps4

by bluechipper

Original Post

battlefield 4 wont finish install for ps4

★★★ Newbie

the game will download fine and the campaign installs 100% but the full game wont finish install, stops around 50% everytime.....have deleted the game and tried reinstalling but still the same problem...any ideas out there?

Message 1 of 11 (2,471 Views)

Re: battlefield 4 wont finish install for ps4

★★★★★ Newbie
Anyone know of a solution? Had the game since it came out and can't even install it.
Message 2 of 11 (2,355 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had this problem for four days not, i have been getting stutters of the install, and now i am stuck on 70% four days, and no matter what i post i get no answer from EA reps. So im bumping every unanswered post about this issue i can.

Message 3 of 11 (2,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same thing for me. Very frustrating...I've been trying to download for 3 days trying to use every ghetto fix u can find on the net. Gets to about 75% and locks up. I'm seriously concerned I might fry my PS4 if keep trying. My efforts have been futile. Please advise.
Message 4 of 11 (2,306 Views)

★★★ Newbie
EA kindly advise...
Message 5 of 11 (2,305 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Ok guys try this 

1.re-install origin

2.make sore your drivers are updated 

3.do a clean reboot of your windows 

4.delete your browse history 

5.try a different browse 

6.disable your firewall

7.clean the registry 

if non works then

For this you will need to contact Origin/EA support they will gladly help you whit this problem  https://help.ea.com/en/origin go here press contact as give information press I still need help at the bottom of the page and then press start live chat and you will get a live chat whit an EA agent that will be glad to help you 

if this helps pleas give XP to my account thanks

mark this as solution if it solves your question so others will know the answer when they come here 

Message 6 of 11 (2,298 Views)

★★★ Newbie
a solution for PC to fix the ps4 problem? you are a genius ......
Message 7 of 11 (2,134 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem , 100% campaign but i can play only cap 1 , and an infinite update file frozen a 3% !
I can see no any answer from EA and this is ridiculous

Message 8 of 11 (2,132 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem.  Its been going on for over a week.  I have deleted and attempted to reinstall countless time.  This is driving me CRAZY!  Currently I am stuck at 37%  I have tried support chat many times and gotten no useful advice.  EA please help! 

Message 9 of 11 (1,745 Views)

★ Novice

here is the whole story...

Where do I begin…  Below are (A) what I am trying to do, Beer problems I have encountered,  (C) steps taken and Cocktail results.  I am an a PS4.  The game worked fine after initial install, problems started when I tried adding DLC.  Now I can only run the campaign, which does not save progress.

1)

(A) adding premium content

Beer could not install premium content just purchased

(C) contacted Origin- no help whatsoever, Contacted PSN- had me rebuild data on PS4 Cocktail fixed

2)

(A) accessing China Rising DLC

Beer content downloaded but would not install

(C) Rebuild data (problem 1) no help.  Contacted Origin- erased game and have been attempting to reinstall.  GAME WILL NOT REINSTALL- Different attempts have yielded different results from corrupted data, to game installs but the initial update will not install, I keep getting stuck at about the 9% mark.  Game/PS4 has frozen many times while trying to update.  No Error messages received.  Origin chat has told me a number of different solutions from “download entire game for free from PSN Store with China rising code”- of course this is not true.  To rebuild data on PS4, obviously I have tried this already and it does not work .

** I think its worth mentioning that when my PS4 is running the BF4 disk it makes an unusual sound, like its trying to run the disk and failing and keeps reattempting.  This sound only happens with BF4.  I first noticed this when initially installing the game (which worked, but had future problems) there are no scratches or finger prints on the game disk.** 

Message 10 of 11 (1,742 Views)