Re : battlefield 4 windows 8.1 battlelog plugin install RESOLVED

by frostdillicus

Original Post

battlefield 4 windows 8.1 battlelog plugin install RESOLVED

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

ConfusedmileyfrustratedConfusedwitch off DEFENDER  live protection ( in time)  , plus you can run battlelog .exe in compatibily mode

Message 1 of 15 (13,443 Views)

Re: battlefield 4 windows 8.1 battlelog plugin install RESOLVED

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So disable the built in virus protection in Windows 8 so the plugin can run?

This is not a viable solution, it's a disaster waiting to happen. EA needs to  fix the plugin. Posting work arounds that have the potential to cause harm to users systems is not helpful.

Message 2 of 15 (12,856 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@frostdillicus wrote:

So disable the built in virus protection in Windows 8 so the plugin can run?

This is not a viable solution, it's a disaster waiting to happen. EA needs to  fix the plugin. Posting work arounds that have the potential to cause harm to users systems is not helpful.

Indeed, why exactly are they requiring a plugin at all?

The game is more than capable of executing whatever code it wants, surely this would make more sense to have as a standalone application? Or... you know... just use in-game menus like a normal company.

Message 3 of 15 (12,372 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

it's the only way it's work, but put back DEFENDER after

Message 4 of 15 (12,177 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is wrong!!!  Not only is it wrong but it is dangerous!!  This should be marked as unsovled as this is NOT the solution. Defender is disabled on my system but that didn't fix the problem (my real, purchased virus scanner disabled it when it installed).

The source of the issue is the security in Internet Explorer 11.  To use the plugin, do one of two things:

1) Install Firefox.  The plugin works fine in this.

2) Add http://battlelog.battlefield.com and https://battlelog.battlefield.com to the list of trusted sites under internet options, under the security.  While here, do yourself a favor and disable "Enable Protected Mode".

Message 5 of 15 (12,147 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Again, do NOT disable Protected Mode in IE11. It's there for a reason. Any solution that requires you to disable security on your system is NOT A SOLUTION.

Message 6 of 15 (11,840 Views)

★★★ Novice

someone mark this as NOT SOLVED, this is bad advice and not a solution at all. it doesn't even work.

Message 7 of 15 (11,792 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Maybe now that Microsoft has pushed IE11 as an automatic update to Windows 7 computers someone will finally get around to fixing this issue.

Yes, IE11 is an automatic update on Windows 7. This is going to break a lot of people's Battle Log. Hopefully, that will get them off their butts and fix it.

Message 8 of 15 (11,610 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi

I upgraded to 8.1 yesterday and now have no multiplayer. It crashes after a few seconds. No error message.

When are EA going to sort this out? I read the posts about disabling defender but this is not a fix and not a safe workaround either.

Message 9 of 15 (11,053 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello.

I have same problem like chefexellence" after instal upgrade from 8 to 8.1

Game lauching fine but when i joining to the server game crashe all the time after 5-10 sec.

Message 10 of 15 (10,936 Views)