Re: battlefield 4/ the lag and the scoring system

by apollov7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

battlefield 4/ the lag and the scoring system

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I want to know when DICE/EA is going to begin fixing these issues?? I mean seriously, why do we not get any sort of response from them in regards to these matters?

I get into a game and I can hold my own. I think I could do better if the lag and all the rubber banding didn't ALWAYS give my opponents the upper hand. These guys know whats going on and the just sit back in their easy chairs and don't even bat an eye...AMAZING. One shot kills, guns that won't fire, tank rounds that don't kill, being shot after you've passed the corner, filling the guy with lead and he takes no damage and kills you,.....you know the drill.

The worst part I think, is your screwed scoring system. After having to deal with all of the above, you guys [Removed: Profanity] on the skill score. What the [Removed: Profanity] do you guys judge that on any way? I put in work to play to the best of my ability and you( most times)  give me a measly couple points.But get into a round and have all of the above issues start to pop up and I come out negative. Most times it's -10 or more....WHY??? Again, I've paid good money for this *? You've ignored the community, you've banned me from the forums with no reason, even after I asked why.

Message 1 of 7 (322 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Okay, lets see if I can explain all these things well.

Scoring system

Based on: SPM is the main feature skill and score are based on, but kills, ribbons, etc do play a smaller role in the equation. I suggest you read here to learn more about skill. Everything you've said about skill going down randomly will be answered in that article.

Takes points away: I believe this is a glitch, but it may just be removing more skill because I don't think some score is accounted for on Battlelog. I have no idea what may be causing this.

Accuracy

Exactly what you said are the causes of your accuracy not going up. The amount of time played with inaccurate weapons is the main reason for it, and it could takes a bunch of games with "perfect" accuracy to even make a dent in your accuracy sadly. I've had games where my accuracy is well over 500% and it will barely go up.

SPM/KPM

As I said above, it's all dependent on how long you've been playing. KPM is probably the hardest stat to improve when you've been playing for a long time, and the same goes for SPM.

We cannot do anything about game development on Answer HQ, as I think I said before, but you can always make a topic on Reddit or Battlelog asking the developers about bringing change to this system. I'll be honest, as late as it is in the game, I doubt they will consider changing it.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (292 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello @ORION7156 

I'll try to help you get to the bottom of these problems and hopefully explain some stuff to you so you can better understand the current situation of Battlefield 4 and your account.

To start, what platform are you playing on? There are some troubleshooting steps that may improve your network and game performance, but they're usually dependent on which platform you play on. I also would like you to know that all this in-game lag not on your end is being investigated and constantly being worked at in the Community Test Environment.

As far as your account being banned from the Battlelog Forums, that's a topic we cannot discuss on Answer HQ. If you believe your EA account and/or persona has been incorrectly suspended/banned and you would like to dispute this action, please contact support at accountdisputes@ea.com from your registered email address.

What to included in your email:

Spoiler
In the Subject of your email, please write Banned/Suspended Account - Game/Product Name - Persona Name

In the Body of your email, please include the following information:
Information of the situation
- First and last name
- Game/Product name
- Persona's name
- Where your game or product was purchased
- Banned or Suspended
- Error/Notification Message received (if any)
- Details of your dispute

Each account and/or persona is reviewed on a case by case basis. Though they make every effort to address these inquiries in less than 24 hours, we ask that you please be patient as it may take some additional time to do a full investigation.
Note: The majority of banned or suspended accounts are only suspended temporarily. Find more information about the length of your suspension by checking the email address associated with your account.

Be sure to read EA's Account Suspension Policy here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/electronic-arts-account-suspension-policy/

Message 2 of 7 (313 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for responding. I play on PS3 and I'm not currently banned. I was just a week or so ago. The issue there was that I was given no reason as to why they banned me from the forums. I do understand that these guys must be swamped, unfortunately with so many issues, rightly so. But I do appreciate you responding and I do hope you'll be able to answer some of these very frustrating issues.

Message 3 of 7 (306 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

The moderators will usually provide you a reason when they ban you in their post, or you will receive an email stating the reason.

Whatever problems you're still having and want an answer to, please tell them to me and I'll do my best, like I said, to answer them.

Message 4 of 7 (303 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok well, where to start... As stated in my op, there are several.

• The scoring system:

What is it based on?

- Is it strictly SPM or does it even take into account other factors? Such as the number of kills, the number of ribbons or medals, or even the progression of a weapon or vehicle? 

Why does it take so much and not give the same back?

- I work my butt of just to break even on the kills and when I exceed in that area, I don't understand why I'm not rewarded for it. I've been in the top 3 to 5 and have scored higher than the top person on the winning team and have gone negative on the skill points...why? To me that says I was bustin heads but I go negative? That doesn't seem right.

Why does it take points away more than the one time it should?

- At the end of a round, I'll look at my score on my pc and compare it to the previous round(s). Battlelog on the PS3 and pc are not synced to good and I've tried adjusting for that. Before I even begin a round, I look to see what my skill level is set at...it's fresh and has not been in limbo due to the round prior. I take note of the number there in that box and I begin my round. After the round, I'll refer back to my pc and check out the results there and I adjust my score accordingly. For example; If, before the round, my skill is at 230 and I went negative say...10 points, that should mean my new skill level would be 220 correct? Ok so lets say that was my last game for the day. Next time I go online and look at my skill level, it will be 210. This has happened on so many occasions and I don't get it. The system has taken once, why again?

• My accuracy:

I've switched to a different weapon that I am much more accurate with. Why is the accuracy percentage not going up?

- Does it have to do with how long I used a less accurate weapon? If it does, why does it not have a cut off point somewhere so that it doesn't take so long to reflect on your current reading? To take an average from a weapons accuracy with over 1200 hours seems excessive.

• My SPM and KPM:

These two are the same as the above. They are not moving neither up nor down.

I could go on about the rubberbanding, the lag, one shot kills from the enemy and on and on.... But I think that is something that has been pounded upon you guys over and over and even though I may not get an answer to these issues, I hope they are seriously being looked at and worked on. It's frustrating and aggravating to have to deal with while in game, but to me my skill points and my stats suffering because of it is what matters. I've heard guys say that skill don't matter. Well, to me it does. Otherwise, why is it included tin the first place? In a big box on top of all the rest no less.

If the formula for the scoring system can be redone, it should be because there are so many other factors that should be included in it. Don't get me wrong, I know the game mode and the amount of points per minute( such as how many control points I may take and how quickly I take them) that I get play a large part of my final score. I just think that shouldn't be all to include.

Message 5 of 7 (296 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Okay, lets see if I can explain all these things well.

Scoring system

Based on: SPM is the main feature skill and score are based on, but kills, ribbons, etc do play a smaller role in the equation. I suggest you read here to learn more about skill. Everything you've said about skill going down randomly will be answered in that article.

Takes points away: I believe this is a glitch, but it may just be removing more skill because I don't think some score is accounted for on Battlelog. I have no idea what may be causing this.

Accuracy

Exactly what you said are the causes of your accuracy not going up. The amount of time played with inaccurate weapons is the main reason for it, and it could takes a bunch of games with "perfect" accuracy to even make a dent in your accuracy sadly. I've had games where my accuracy is well over 500% and it will barely go up.

SPM/KPM

As I said above, it's all dependent on how long you've been playing. KPM is probably the hardest stat to improve when you've been playing for a long time, and the same goes for SPM.

We cannot do anything about game development on Answer HQ, as I think I said before, but you can always make a topic on Reddit or Battlelog asking the developers about bringing change to this system. I'll be honest, as late as it is in the game, I doubt they will consider changing it.

Message 6 of 7 (293 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Alright then. I'll check out the link. Thanks

Message 7 of 7 (285 Views)