battlefield 4 freeze

by Darth-Vader-LEB

Original Post

battlefield 4 freeze

★★★★ Novice

Hi

i have alienware  15 r2 laptop with GTX980M 8 GB , after windows 10 update the battlefield game freezing while playing !

its just happened after new windows 10 update , the game GPU settings sets to ULTRA 

any one has same issue ?

Message 1 of 12 (854 Views)

Re: battlefield 4 freeze

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Darth-Vader-LEB!

Have you tried to update your Gpu drivers yet?

Se il post di qualcuno ti è stato d'aiuto, lascia un punto XP ➕
Se il post di qualcuno ha risolto il problema, ricordati di segnarlo come soluzione affinchè altri possano trarne aiuto. ✔

Message 2 of 12 (822 Views)

★★★★ Novice

my driver is up to date all of them even the GPU

Message 3 of 12 (816 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello .

Please, attach to a message txt file of dxdiag.

Message 4 of 12 (799 Views)

★★★★ Novice

here u go m8

Message 5 of 12 (789 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

try to update drivers on my way Standard smile:

- download dxwebsetup and run/install it as Admin

- download Intel ME, unzip all and run/install it as Admin

- download chipset drivers and run/install as Admin, restart PC

- uninstall Intel GPU driver, restart PC, download x64 version from this site and run/install it as Admin, restart PC

- uninstall Nvidia GPU driver, restart pc, install this version as Admin with "clean install" option, restart PC

- check that game use the Nvidia GPU

- go to nvidia gpu driver and change in it "multiple display performance mode" to "single display performance mode"

- check and close\disable all programs like this

- delete folder C:\Users\[User_name]\Documents\Battlefield 4\ (and don't change ingame video options such as "API graphics" - use DX11, and "Display mode" - use Full screen)

- run Origin as Admin, try to play...

Message 6 of 12 (771 Views)

@Darth-Vader-LEB wrote:

Hi

i have alienware  15 r2 laptop with GTX980M 8 GB , after windows 10 update the battlefield game freezing while playing !

its just happened after new windows 10 update , the game GPU settings sets to ULTRA 

any one has same issue ?

No problems here running BF4 after the anniversary update on my Alienware X51 with GTX 760 Ti or on my Alienware 17 laptop with R9 M290X. What have you done to correct the issue so far?  Did the issue start after a GPU driver update, the Origin update, or the Win10 Anniversary update or just independent of any change in your rig?  When you updated your GPU drivers did you do a clean install as MADragon stated? If not I recommend to reinstall your GPU drivers using the advance options\clean install method, and if that doesn't help run your Origin as an admin and try repairing your BF4 installation as a start.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 7 of 12 (767 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i deleted the invidia GPU driver and reinstall it again , still same problem , i am facing 1 sec laggy in windows when i preform fast action i think the issue in intel driver or intel GPU ?

Message 8 of 12 (751 Views)

Community Manager

@Darth-Vader-LEB Make sure that you try all the steps listed, at one point you should be making sure that the game is using your main graphics card and not the intel chipset,

Please double check this part: 

"- check that game use the Nvidia GPU

- go to nvidia gpu driver and change in it "multiple display performance mode" to "single display performance mode""

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 12 (703 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have 3 friends in my platoon facing same issue after windows 10 recent update 

Message 10 of 12 (669 Views)