Xbox 360 HD pack not working properly

by meenkieblade

Original Post

Xbox 360 HD pack not working properly

★★★★★ Newbie

EA,

There is an issue with your HD Pack for BF4 on the 360.

My brother and I both play from the same house.  We have both installed/deleted the HD pack and the game disks several times to see if the graphics would improve.

We were playing last night and his game locked up.  When he restarted, the game had him install the HD pack again (after it was already on there).  When he was in the game again there was a HUGE difference in his graphics.  It looked like BF3 with all the great textures and debris flying everywhere.

My game still looks like crap.

It's like the base of everything is loading, but no polish.  I can still play, but it feels like I'm eating a cake with no frosting.....it's filling, tasty....but not satisfying.  I hope it can be tracked down soon.  Seeing the game play so great on his system makes me feel like I'm banished to play Intellivision in my basement room or something.

Please help!

Message 1 of 2 (248 Views)

Re: Xbox 360 HD pack not working properly

★★★★★ Newbie

After playing BF4 some more I have decided to trade it in for COD:Ghosts.

Not that anyone cares, but here's a rant about why.   :D

-BF4 has some MAJOR graphic errors.  This makes everything less realistic and really takes you out of the game on some levels.  Shanghi on Conquest especially.  You feel like you're playing around in some kid's shoebox diarama.  (I'm on 360, and the HD Pack doesn't do a thing currently.)

-I like how fast I unlocked everything for the Engineer class.  That's a good thing.  Enjoy it.

-Progession with the guns is VERY painstaking and seemingly pointless.  Aside from a new grip and the possiblity of a scope I actually want there is no reason to get psyched for having a maxed out gun I can find.  Is there anything to up the damage for example?  Scrolling through the guns in any category reveals VERY little difference in any of them.  Most categories only have one gun that has more damage....and that's usually paired with horrible stability...meaning it feels like I'm trying to get a fire hose at full spray to blast a target.  Granted, I don't know what's in the gun battlepacks you earn later on...but I bet it's just scopes from Russia, China, that are pretty much the same as the ones I have anyway.

-The battlepacks are nice.   Mostly.  I got a Hot Dog Dog Tag in one.  It was smiling at me.  That's kinda lame and is sadly one of the better things I've found in them.  I have unlocked mostly scopes and lasers for guns I don't have.  Why not give me some armor-piercing rounds to get me pumped?  (I like the boosts you can get though, they are nifty and would be awesome if I cared anymore.)

-WHY CAN'T I RELOAD WHILE LOOKING DOWN THE SIGHT?  All the sniper rifles are bolt action.  This means I have to aquire a target, line it up perfectly, and NEVER MISS THE HEAD.  This doesn't happen usually since most players are smart enough to move constantly.  Plus, that first shot is usually for getting the range and bullet drop right.  The freaking bolt action that only works if I stop aiming makes me re-aim every shot.  Needless to say, my sniper is gathering a lot of dust.

-Why is it so hard to find a manual for your game?  I had to look online....and it still didn't say how to use several of the gadgets that are unclear in the game.

-Battlelog is a great place to look at your stats and such.  It is a crappy place to create your emblems and change things that should be accessible through the game as well. 

-Is there a hardcore mode somewhere?   Where did you hide it if you did?  It would be nice to have bullets that actually killed people like they're supposed to.  Headshots are the only way to quickly down someone.  With the current recoil amount on most guns I feel like I'm a soldier with the arm strength of a 12 year old.  It's a wonder I even hold onto the gun.  Seriously.

-I haven't looked into what you all did to the servers in BF3....but from the rants some people have posted you are being VERY jerky about them.  I know servers are a pain to run, maintain, and can be costly.  Sadly, console players aren't used to paying extra for features they always had before.  IF your game didn't have any of the problems above more MIGHT be willing to pay for better servers.  As it is, you all look like greedy jerks who rushed your game out hoping to beat COD to the punch.

I know you are better than this.  It is shameful how far you have fallen from creating games that are fun, challenging, and a pleasure to play for years.  (For example; SSX's lack of customizing a character with crazy items, the online only gameplay, the lack of real multiplayer events, etc.)  You have forgotten what made you great, and it's very sad to see.

I hope some staff there still have that fun gaming spirit I remember from when I was a kid.

-Tony

Message 2 of 2 (238 Views)