XBOX One: Soldier page blank and quick join will not work

by TurboDirty30

Original Post

Accepted Solution

XBOX One: Soldier page blank and quick join will not work

★★★ Newbie

Hi, was wondering if this has occurred to anyone else before.

When I navigate to the soldier tab of the main menu, it is completely blank, only the background is visible. If I try to use the quick join features in the main menu, they all say "Matchmaking timed out." I can manually browse for a server and connect. 

I have reinstalled the game and deleted my local save data, but neither helped. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11 (800 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: XBOX One: Soldier page blank and quick join will not work

★★★ Newbie

Fired up the game today and my account appears to be functioning as expected now.

The only change I have made on my end was switch from Google's DNS service (8.8.8.8, 8.8.6.6) to my ISP's (temporarily using their hardware).

I am not sure if this fixed it or if some change was made to my account. When I switched back to google DNS I will see if the problem reappears. 

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (684 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue regarding the matchmaking timed out..

ive done the hole adding new dns..

etc..and nothing seems to work...i uninstalled the game..and nothing.

Message 2 of 11 (781 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I just have the blank soldier page, kinda * that i can't setup up kits prior to being in game
Message 3 of 11 (748 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Hello, I'm experiencing your exact same problems, blank my soldier page and all. But I've found a way to play. You cannot play dlc just so you know. But if you have a friend who isn't affected by the widespread glitch you can simply join their squad and game, you'll be able to play then, or at least that's what I found to work. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
Message 4 of 11 (733 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same issue here and eA support arent very helpful

Message 5 of 11 (722 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the posts, this isn't the first post I've seen on this so it appears to be more widespread than I first thought. 

If your xbox gamertag/soldier name is different from your posting name on AHQ, can you post it?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 11 (701 Views)

Quick match has been bugged off and on since launch, so I recommend only using the server browser. Regarding the soldier stats page, do you get any errors such as cannot reach the stats server or is it just blank with no error or warning message? Once you get into game are you the correct rank with the proper unlocks? Sometimes strange issues like this are solved by simply doing a hard reset of your console by holding the glowing "X" button until it shuts down. Have you tried that as well?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 7 of 11 (695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_David wrote:

Thanks for the posts, this isn't the first post I've seen on this so it appears to be more widespread than I first thought. 

If your xbox gamertag/soldier name is different from your posting name on AHQ, can you post it?

Thanks. 

Thanks for the response David, mine is the same as it is on here. 

Message 8 of 11 (679 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@ragnarok013 wrote:

Quick match has been bugged off and on since launch, so I recommend only using the server browser. Regarding the soldier stats page, do you get any errors such as cannot reach the stats server or is it just blank with no error or warning message? Once you get into game are you the correct rank with the proper unlocks? Sometimes strange issues like this are solved by simply doing a hard reset of your console by holding the glowing "X" button until it shuts down. Have you tried that as well?

Surprisingly I see no errors. The little 'loading' icon in the top right corner seems to be active forever in the main menu, but the page is just completely blank.

And I have sadly tried a hard reboot, I did it after uninstalling the game to try a reinstall the first time. Thanks!

Message 9 of 11 (678 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fired up the game today and my account appears to be functioning as expected now.

The only change I have made on my end was switch from Google's DNS service (8.8.8.8, 8.8.6.6) to my ISP's (temporarily using their hardware).

I am not sure if this fixed it or if some change was made to my account. When I switched back to google DNS I will see if the problem reappears. 

Thanks!

Message 10 of 11 (685 Views)