Windows 10

by th3ch0s3n3none

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Windows 10

★ Novice

so i just upgraded to windows ten and now I keep getting kicked by punkbuster! :/

Message 1 of 6 (430 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Windows 10

★★★ Guide

Ok. In the battlefield 4 installation folder there should be a file called pbsvc.exe . Run it, click on Install/re-install and see if it works now. If it doesn't work run this program again, but then press "Test Services", when it has finished copy it and dump the copied file here.

If this was helpful and solved your issue, press 'Accept as Solution' button to mark this topic solved. Then click the 'XP' button to award me XP.

Thank you for using Answer HQ. If you need further assistance, let us know right away!

If you need further assistance, don't hesistate to ask here or via PM.

Cheers, soldato_fantasma

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (387 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

Hello th3ch0s3n3none we will try to help you as much as possible.

You can try to manually update your punkbuster, here is how to do it:

- Download pbsetup.exe from the evenbalance website, the direct link is here: http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1

- Plcae the download file in the Battlefield 4/pb folder, where all the punkbuster files are located.

- Run the program, agree if asked.

- Click on Add a Game

- Select the game and the installation path

- Click update punkbuster

- The program will update punkbuster, once it has finished click Quit.

Now punkbuster should be updated.

If it still doesn't work, can we get the kick error that you get in the red bar in battlelog?

If this was helpful and solved your issue, press 'Accept as Solution' button to mark this topic solved. Then click the 'XP' button to award me XP.

Thank you for using Answer HQ. If you need further assistance, let us know right away!

Cheers, soldato_fantasma

Message 2 of 6 (413 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Jeifex' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe

Message 3 of 6 (389 Views)

★★★ Guide

Ok. In the battlefield 4 installation folder there should be a file called pbsvc.exe . Run it, click on Install/re-install and see if it works now. If it doesn't work run this program again, but then press "Test Services", when it has finished copy it and dump the copied file here.

Cheers, soldato_fantasma

Message 4 of 6 (388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ye, that worked thx :D

Message 5 of 6 (351 Views)

★★★ Guide

Good! Now please mark my post as solution so that other users can find this topic and get a solution to the problem.

If you want you can also award me XP clicking the XP button of my reply.

Cheers, soldato_fantasma

Message 6 of 6 (340 Views)