Windows 10 high ping

by xReaperzZz05

Original Post

Windows 10 high ping

★★★ Novice

Hi guys, 3 days ago I have installed Windows 10 and currently im facing huge ping spikes (1000-1500ms). All of this happened after the installation. I switched back to Windows 8.1 and since then I didn't have any problems with ping. Now I'm using Windows 10 back again to see if reinstalling the OS version would fix the problem but nope it didn't. On speedtest it show me that I have 21 ms ping. In online games it gets higher than 1000ms.... Can someone please help me ?

Message 1 of 19 (9,419 Views)

Re: Windows 10 high ping

Hero

Have you looked for drivers for your network chipset/card ?

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 19 (9,385 Views)

★★ Novice

I can confirm that i have the same problem on Windows 10. It didn't happen before on Windows 8.1 nor Windows 7. I have the latest drivers, as well as up to date punkbuster. The problem doesn't occur on other PB games as for example Red Orchestra 2. 

Message 3 of 19 (9,377 Views)

★★★ Novice

Switching back to Windows 8.1 does fix the problem, but I want to stay at Windows 10 Frown

Message 4 of 19 (9,375 Views)

★★ Novice

Wait i had just found the solution on other forum. You must run the game as administrator. Check compatibility option for Battlefield 4 shortcut and select run as administrator, then click ok. It solved the problem for me.

Message 5 of 19 (9,367 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried to change the compability and run the game as administrator but I'm still getting ping spikes.... This is getting annoying. Some say that I have to buy a new Network Card

Message 6 of 19 (9,358 Views)

Hero
So, this is a hard issue to diagnose. If this is a general issue you should probably try and provide as much information as possible to see if we can find a common reason for this. I can think of this information:

• How did you install Windows 10, upgrade with programs, clean upgrade or clean install?
  • What motherboard do you have and what network card does it have or do you use an external network card? Which chipset does your network card utilize?
  • How did you install Battlefield on Win 10? Was it already installed because you upgraded or did you install from backup or did you download and install the game fresh?
  • How fast is your internet normally? (speedtest.net link might be nice)
  • Link to image of a pingspike using commands NetworkPerfOverlay.Enable 1 and NetworkPerfOverlay.DrawGraph 1 in BF4
  • What have you tried to fix this?
  • What antivirus and other programs are running in the background?

carbonic signature

Message 7 of 19 (9,344 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, thanks for you reply. I'm calling my ISP tomorrow to say that my download speed has dropped really bad since I bought their new router for improvement.... I will keep you guys updated. It seems that I'm having ping issues on my PS4 too. I'm definetly going to tell my ISP

Message 8 of 19 (9,314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My internet is fine in all other games. BF4 gives me a great ping in the browser, but a 999 ping in game.
I am also sporting windows 10 with all the latest drivers installed...

With Battlefield 4 CTE it won't even let me connect.
My speedtest result.

Message 9 of 19 (9,192 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Troops,

I am also experiencing a high ping in BF4. spiking from 50+ to 200+.and being kicked regularly which is frustrating when I no such problems with Windows 7, Some servers are not as bad as others, I have no idea the reason for that !?

My system is brand new, 6th August 2015, built by scan, it is a 3XS Z97 Vengeance inte Core i7 4790K overclocked to 4.7GH, 4GB NVIDA Geforce GTX 980, ASUS - F8 Motherboard. I installed Windows 10 from switching it on. I installed BF4 from scratch once window 10 was up and running Also WOT which runs and plays fine. I have tried as suggested to play as administrator this does reduce the Ping a bit but not enough to stop one being kicked for spikes. I have nothing running in the back ground having checked task manager. I would like to keep Windows 10, also my Broadband speed check results are Down load 14688 kbps and up load is 1829 kbps.

all drivers are up to date and I play through Internet Explorer 11, Punk buster is up to date.

I am now at the end of my tether and can only think it is the Windows 10 platform which is the overall problem and just does not like BF4.

Message 10 of 19 (8,723 Views)