Will a Xbox thumb drive help install BF4 on my Xbox 4GB Slim

by downs1122

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will a Xbox thumb drive help install BF4 on my Xbox 4GB Slim

★★★ Newbie

I bought Battlefield 4 last night and came home and realized I couldn't install it on my 4GB Xbox. Someone please help me with the install

Message 1 of 9 (32,196 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will a Xbox thumb drive help install BF4 on my Xbox 4GB Slim

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)
Battlefield 4 needs at least 2 GB disc space on your hard drive, not including updates. If you have enough free space on your hard drive, you should be able to install the game.

Note, the above-required and below-additional installations can only be installed on Xbox 360 hard disk drives, and cannot be installed to USB drives, or other alternative storage devices. Battlefield 4 cannot be installed and played on a 4GB internal flash drive. This includes the Xbox 360 4GB, Core or Arcade versions of Xbox 360, in which case a HDD is a separate purchase.
You will have the option to accept the 2GB install or quit. Quitting will return you to the Xbox dashboard, and you will not be able to play Battlefield 4.

As with many Xbox 360 titles, in addition to the required installation each disc can be installed to your hard drive to minimize game disc access and improve load times.

These additional installations are not required, but doing so can further improve and speed up your Battlefield 4 experience.
  • The Multiplayer Disc, or Disc 1, has an additional 6.6 GB of content
  • The Single Player Disc, or Disc 2, has 5.8 GB of installation content
Note: Be sure you install the mandatory installation content before you try installing each game disc’s content.
  • If you do try to install the optional disc-content before the required game data installation, your install will stop before completion, and ask you to install again.
  • If your install does fail due to installing content in the incorrect order, your second or subsequent attempts at installing the required content should complete successfully.

Cheers

Basti

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (32,696 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)
Battlefield 4 needs at least 2 GB disc space on your hard drive, not including updates. If you have enough free space on your hard drive, you should be able to install the game.

Note, the above-required and below-additional installations can only be installed on Xbox 360 hard disk drives, and cannot be installed to USB drives, or other alternative storage devices. Battlefield 4 cannot be installed and played on a 4GB internal flash drive. This includes the Xbox 360 4GB, Core or Arcade versions of Xbox 360, in which case a HDD is a separate purchase.
You will have the option to accept the 2GB install or quit. Quitting will return you to the Xbox dashboard, and you will not be able to play Battlefield 4.

As with many Xbox 360 titles, in addition to the required installation each disc can be installed to your hard drive to minimize game disc access and improve load times.

These additional installations are not required, but doing so can further improve and speed up your Battlefield 4 experience.
  • The Multiplayer Disc, or Disc 1, has an additional 6.6 GB of content
  • The Single Player Disc, or Disc 2, has 5.8 GB of installation content
Note: Be sure you install the mandatory installation content before you try installing each game disc’s content.
  • If you do try to install the optional disc-content before the required game data installation, your install will stop before completion, and ask you to install again.
  • If your install does fail due to installing content in the incorrect order, your second or subsequent attempts at installing the required content should complete successfully.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 9 (32,697 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Xbox tells me that I have to purchase an external harddrive for my 4GB xbox slim. I had 2.2 GB left on my xbox and it would not install. When I tried with a new USB it would not work either. Options?

Message 3 of 9 (32,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You cant play unless you purchase a external hard drive witch cost about 120 dollars im really pissed off about this considering this was the one game i wanted this year and im not spending 120 dollars on a harddrive...

Message 4 of 9 (31,930 Views)

@GuzziOG wrote:

You cant play unless you purchase a external hard drive witch cost about 120 dollars im really pissed off about this considering this was the one game i wanted this year and im not spending 120 dollars on a harddrive...

I've seen 360 Slim HDDs on Amazon for as low as $45 last year, I bought a 320GB one for that price myself; you might want to check there.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 5 of 9 (31,921 Views)

Re: Will a Xbox thumb drive help install BF4 on my Xbox 4GB Slim (FIX ACCORDING TO EA)

★★★ Novice

Erika Mari: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Erika Mari. How may I assist you today?
Erika Mari: Hi there! May I know your name and email address?
you: Hello, I would like to know if you are going to release a patch for the xbox 360 slim 4GB to fix the install error.
you: my name is eddie and email is BLOCKED OUT
Erika Mari: Nice to meet you Eddie. Merry Christmas!
Erika Mari: Let me just check that.
you: Thanks you too
you: Thanks
Erika Mari: As of now Eddie the latest patch was on Dec.17
you: Okay
Erika Mari: The list of fixes are found here. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493744270561/
you: I have already seen that
Erika Mari: There are no upcoming patches until the end of December.
Erika Mari: Expect next year Eddie.
Erika Mari: You can check upcoming updates on the forums.
you: here is a link of my error i get… It wasnt made by me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3of2DL91jw
Erika Mari: I am now watching
you: Okay thanks
Erika Mari: https://help.ea.com/article/battlefield-4-xbox-360-install-guide – do you have an additional  flash drive Eddie?
you: Yes
you: Not made by microsoft though
Erika Mari: How many free space does it have?
you: about 5GB
you: In total
you: i can free up more space if needed
Erika Mari: To tell you the truth we really tested using a normal flash drive it will not recognize just like your issue.
Erika Mari: We freed space up to 8 gig and it worked.
you: Okay. Are you sure it will work??
Erika Mari: We had a customer with the issue as yours she freed 8 gig of space and it did work.

@downs1122 wrote:

I bought Battlefield 4 last night and came home and realized I couldn't install it on my 4GB Xbox. Someone please help me with the install

Message 6 of 9 (26,782 Views)

Re: Will a Xbox thumb drive help install BF4 on my Xbox 4GB Slim (FIX ACCORDING TO EA)

★★★ Newbie

I tried the free up gig and i had 320gb and it still did not work it said it was not 'HD' i tried 4 diffrent ones 320gb 500gb 1tb and 1.5tb still did not work still said NOT HD

Message 7 of 9 (26,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie

there are mutilple places, go on amazon or ebay. They are about 35-65 USD. If you need a link, email me at [edit: email address removed]. 

I ran into the same problem as you

Message 8 of 9 (23,335 Views)

★★★★ Novice

"You will have the option to accept the 2GB install or quit. Quitting will return you to the Xbox dashboard, and you will not be able to play Battlefield 4." 

In brazil, i pay 100 dollars for the game, and have listen this. this is ridiculous.

Message 9 of 9 (19,146 Views)