Re: Why is the Rented Server such a rip off ?

by MeinGottWalter22

Original Post

Why is the Rented Server such a rip off ?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It is empty 95% of the time.

Its a complete waste of cash and not properly advertised.

It should be clearly stated that the Rented Servers will remain empty for the majority of the time.

The only function they have at present is for clan practise and battles .... other than that then pretty pointless.  Dont get me wrong we do need that as an option but i think EA should make this perfectly clear as there are so many empty servers you really have to question what EA's motives were around this service.

Message 1 of 4 (235 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well it takes work for a server to be good and well visited.

Map rotation, server rules, administration all play a big part. You can't expect a new server to be full all the time just by itself.

Message 2 of 4 (228 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Appreciate you making the effort to post .... but I can only assume you havent a clue on the rented server thing.

You cannot admin anything at all ..... its not like BF3.  If you deviate from anything other than an "official" server then you will not pick up Quick Match people hence your server will remain empty.  That is until it gets its turn in the queue.  EA obviously know it looks really bad people having paid for a rented server which is empty so it looks like periodically it will populate them for a night .... next day ... its back of the queue and empty again.

For example my server was full yesterday ..... empty today .... will probably be empty for many days.

As an admin i have absolutely no control other than picking the predefined maps.

Message 3 of 4 (225 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Alright- then it is a little different than the ones we have (and yes, we run a couple servers). On the PC you can change pretty much everything through 3rd party software (Rconnect for example).

Still - servers take time to be active -> people have to know about the server, favorite it etc. Get a couple friends to start it up every afternoon, you have to get over "hill" in the sense that enough people know about your server.

Message 4 of 4 (214 Views)