Why did you put out a game that is nowhere near ready?

by cal46318

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why did you put out a game that is nowhere near ready?

★ Novice
Dear Dice and Ea.

First off I want to state that when working properly the battlefield series has been my absolute favorite fps. It is an awesome experience but that is not why I'm taking time to write you. I speak for every living human being I have bitched to who plays Battlefield 4 and who agree about following.

1. It's a pain in the ass to reliably play with friends. One of the most enjoyable things about online gaming is to fight with your buddies and the system you gave us to make that happen is a joke. Sometimes I can jump into one of their games and have it work out. Other times I have to wait on the opposite team until a spot opens up to switch teams. To really make it work phone calls are necessary to coordinate jumping into a game together with enough open spots to allow the best chance of being on the same team or squad. I can't jump into a party. Why is that? Also the numerous game freezes and server problems which I want to mention next further replicate the nonsense I just listed.

2. Holy glitchy game freezing Christ. More often than not it works but the amount of frozen screens, no audio, equipment resetting, invisible objects, getting bumped out of the server, let's not mention what was going on with your servers the first month after release, character not being able to walk or jump over slivers of concrete or obstacles inches tall unless you get a running start, the list goes on of all the crazy things that go down on any given playing session. Right now my new fav is any time I pilot a jet the game freezes up within a a couple minutes.

3. The menu system is unintuitive and restrictive at times. I have had to walk most of my friends through getting to the screen where you activate your boosts when they first started out otherwise they would not have used them. Why can't we change our load out and check out our gear during pre game lobby time? Anything we can do during that time would be appreciated. There are a lot of us out there with short attentions and something to do would be fun during that minute. Take a lesson from call of duty. I like your game much more but their menu system is so much more straight forward and easy to navigate. Anyone who likes BF4 learns your system and gets used to it but I think with the talent that exists out there you guys can do better and provide a better experience for us.

Please get it together over there. I'm a huge fan of the series and am blown away by Battlefield 4 when it works. I have not researched the inside story on why this game is as broken as it is but the sucker punch you gave millions of customers by releasing this title well before it was ready is really **bleep**ty. I'm waiting to see what you do and how quickly you can fix this potentially great thing. The sad fact is that anything you release in the future I will have to research and read tons of feedback on before purchasing because I have very little faith in both Dice and EA to give their customers a working product. Don't make promises you can't keep, sell a game that's been tested thoroughly and don't put it out until it's done.

Best of luck to you all and keep on making fun games,

Deschain
Message 1 of 6 (333 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why did you put out a game that is nowhere near ready?

Hero

I'll be closing this thread now, general discussion belong on the Battlelog forums.

Feel free to create a new thread if you want help with a technical problem.

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (283 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Welcome to Answers HQ. This place is a community driven technical support forum which means it's mostly users helping fellow users overcomming technical obstacles. Feedback like this would be much better placed on the Battlelog forums where the developers hang out so they can actually read your feedback.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 6 (318 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

There is no progress to be had in the forums, Battlelog crashes as much as BF4 and the phone app is annoying to manage as well. The veteran players are absolutely irate. The newcomers are confused and upset and returning to other competing titles.

I've been playing BF series since BF1942 and have dealt with stability issues but BF4 is almost completely unplayable.

In the forum there are thousands of unsatisfied customers with no insight of progress being made. And all of the questions have fallen on deaf ears at the forum, at control center, here, and twitter. Read your own forums there is alot of upset and confused people with no answers, no dedicated portal to find answers as to what is happening after 3 months of patches that don't  fix the major issues across all platforms.

It's just a shame that no one cares anymore about informing and fixing what they collected money on.  What has been mentioned or fixed IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Give me a job at EA and I alone with no training and just a few questions answered will turn your whole fan base around by simply giving everyone a simple weekly progress report as to what is being done each week to win their satisfaction back, or soon to fine tune the game to greatness.

Large words I know.

But that simple task alone would calm alot of anxiety and hurt from upset customers, that is if you CARE. ????

Please send this to someone that cares, in hopes to fix the lack of communication and loss of a great game.

Message 3 of 6 (312 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I absolutely love this game, But.... its to glitchy. its getting to the point were just play a couple games makes me so pissed off I end up turning it off and think about buying Ghosts. Every game I spawn wihout a gu and die because I cant defend myself and sometimes I spawn and it wont let me aim. I just don't get how one of the best games of all time was released in a unplayable state. im not at all a newbie and all I have to say is that this game is so inconsistent BF4 is going to end up losing a lot of business if this doesn't get fixed 

-- one very pissed of guy

Message 4 of 6 (292 Views)

★★★ Novice
I agree, I love battlefield 4 and I am no noob(lvl 40 and had a KDR of 4 in a round once) but I hate how it got released in such a bad state to where it is near unplayable.
Message 5 of 6 (283 Views)

Hero

I'll be closing this thread now, general discussion belong on the Battlelog forums.

Feel free to create a new thread if you want help with a technical problem.

carbonic signature

Message 6 of 6 (284 Views)