Re: Wasn't BF4 Premium supposed to come with the pre-order of the Standard Edition?

by Evocati443

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Wasn't BF4 Premium supposed to come with the pre-order of the Standard Edition?

★ Novice

The Battlelog website said that by pre-ordering the Standard Edition will give you Premium membership for BF4. I did pre-order the Standard Edition but I don't have Premium. 

Message 1 of 7 (901 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wasn't BF4 Premium supposed to come with the pre-order of the Standard Edition?

No, that was never a pre-order incentive.  What you got for pre-ordering was an upgrade to the Limited Edition that gives you the first expansion "China Rising" for free.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (905 Views)

All Replies

No, that was never a pre-order incentive.  What you got for pre-ordering was an upgrade to the Limited Edition that gives you the first expansion "China Rising" for free.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 7 (906 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is not how I see it, I got an email saying:

Thank you for Pre-ordering

Battlefield 4 Inc Premium Edition Expansion Pack DLC on XBOX 360
Battlefield 4

Only in Battlefield

Battlefield 4 is the genre-defining action blockbuster made from moments that blur the line between game and glory. Fueled by the next-generation power and fidelity of Frostbite 3, Battlefield 4 provides a visceral, dramatic experience unlike any…

Battlefield 4 Inc Premium Edition Expansion Pack DLC
XBOX 360

has been added to your pre-orders.

How can that mean you get China Rising and not the Premium membership, there is a big difference?

Message 3 of 7 (865 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

me too. i started a nother thread a couple days ago. i too pre-ordered the game under the advertised "pre order battlefield 4 now and get Premium expansion pack" apparently EA quitely chaged the wording later one towards the final release date. it now reads China Rising expansion pack instead of Premium expansion pack. it's completely misleading and grossly false advertise. they were playing wtiht he word games trying to get people to pre-order hoping people won't know the difference. you and I and a lot of other pre-order people bought the game under the impresion that we would get premium account, but instead, it's just one lousy map pack. consider the history of the franchise, the word premium was typically used to describe a series of upcmoing DLC. EA decidd to change their business model without CLEARLY define the difference with the consumers. it wouldn't be such a problem if they worded it properly for the pre-order promotion, or have a clear visible hyperlink on the pre-order page that defines the difference. but instead. all we saw at the pre-order promotion page was "Pre-order battlefield 4 now and get premium expansion". i can't tell you how many forums and users out there fell for this. i would've never pre-ordered this game had i known it was just an additional lousy map pack intead of the premium account we thought we were getting. 

i have already contacted EA through their lousy online adviser system, and since they couldnt' do anything about it. i filed a complaint wtih the Better Business Beaural yesterday. and today i will be filing a complaint with the FTC. i encourage you to do the same. 

it's companies like this who use deceptive advertising and word games to lure sales. bait and switch if you will, hoping they'll fool some consumers and gain some sales. if you do nothing, you're just lettting them take advantage of you, and encourage the behavior. 

i'd be interested to see what they have to say once BBB and FTC contact them. i've save a couple screen grabs of the pre-order promotion and sent them to the BBB. 

here's from FTC:

"

According to the FTC's Deception Policy Statement, an ad is deceptive if it contains a statement - or omits information - that:

• Is likely to mislead consumers acting reasonably under the circumstances; and
  • Is "material" - that is, important to a consumer's decision to buy or use the product."

during the pre-order stage of BF4, users had no clear access to the differentiationg and definintion of what EA newly definied "Premium" on the pre-order ordering page. one realy have to dig dig dig into the sub page that was in no way direclty linked to the pre-order page in order to spot the subtle difference in Premium expansion pack, VS Premium Account. 

Message 4 of 7 (856 Views)

Community Manager

Hi guys. Premium isn't an expansion pack, it's a membership/account upgrade that provides 5 expansion packs.

As I understand it there was some uncertainty about the name of the expansion pack that would later be confirmed as China Rising, so at the early stage it was just called a Premium expansion pack.

Howzz, I notice you mentioning that you have screen grabs of the old version of the page, can you PM me a copy of them? I do recall that it referred to a "Premium Expansion Pack", but having an image to hand would help.

Evi1len, where did you purchase your game from? Some retailers offer a "Premium Edition" for a combo of the base game + premium. However, you'll know that you purchased a combo by the price (it'll be closer to 120 dollars than 60).

Sorry for any confusion caused.

For anyone else who comes across this thread, the pre-order info page can be found here: https://help.ea.com/article/battlefield-4-pre-order-overview

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 7 (834 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hey David, please see the image below. 

http://www.wehaplessfew.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/battlefield4preorder_featimg.jpg

and it's not just in the US, this was global. it's all over the internet, and filled with discussion forums and threads with pre-order folks like me asking, where is our Premium. 

http://i.imgur.com/qh4Imgy.png

this was back in early April during the pre-order protmotion phase. 

even up until the check-out it simply said "Premium Expansion Pack". 

i have no problem with all that you said, but the only problem is, what you said wasn't stated clearly in the pre-order page, nor was there any warning, or hyperlink that would have informed consumer otherwise. consumers like me ended up paying up front for a product thinkng they would be getting more by doing so. we were for sure misled. 

Message 6 of 7 (816 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

EADavid, are you speachless? 

anyway, i filed for a complaint with FTC as well. 

Message 7 of 7 (769 Views)