Update 1.07 broke BF4 on my PS3, will not load at all

by bodhsativa

Original Post

Re: Update 1.07 broke BF4 on my PS3, will not load at all

★ Novice

...same crap here in germany. first my 45% save game crashed 2 days ago. corrupted savegame. did it again from scratch. cool Confusedmileyfrustrated:

now there were the well known 2 trophies missing, full Arsenal, and above and beyond the call.

not that all, my online trophy collection says 59% but my offline says 64%.  WHY THA HECK THEY PUT A FEW MORE Trphies in there???

And last but not least, now my update to 1.07 crashed... game stucks at the beginning...

Whats wrong with you developer guys?

Selling unfinished uncompleted games ???

FIX THIS ASAP !!!

Message 11 of 26 (2,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem after installing the Jan 30 update on my PS3.  There are others out there who have the same problem and have tried different things with no luck.

One solution is to just play campaign.  First, quit the game and go to 'Settings' on your PS3, then go to 'Internet Settings' and select 'Disable'.  This will log you out of PSN.  When you start up BF4, it will go past the raining screen and you can play 'Campaign' at least.  However, it erased all my previous saved progress and I had to start all from the beginning.  

I thought that saved 'Campaign' issue was resolved from the very first update...I guess not.  This game blows.

Message 12 of 26 (2,194 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

thanx u0681887

luckily i have made a savefile uptodate (64%)  on my usb stick, after the game crashed from 45% progress. i´l started from srcratch 2 days ago and now i am at 64%...

will try now offline

update:

i have deleted bf4 and my cookies, and cache in PS3 webbrowser as advised…
same sh*t again.
when i disable the internet connection, singleplayer seems to be working…

seems to be an network connection error to PSN with the 1.07

Message 13 of 26 (2,189 Views)

★★ Novice

I found this and it worked for me, some of the sounds, like guns seem to be missing though:

"Okay - mine did it again today, even though it worked yesterday. I then got it going again.

I tried deleting the save game data and restarting - no joy.

I don't know WHY this worked, but is the same as I did the other day and I forgot one step.

I play GT6 a lot, so I have a wheel plugged in, I also have a Tuact controller attached wirelessly, and then my DS3.

I started GT6, the same as the other day, which meant I had to change the DS3 to be controller <1> as GT6 will only recognise that. I saved and quit from GT6. I deleted my BF4 save game data. I started BF4, set the screen and it worked.

It seems to depend on the controller number that is used to start the game.

I just restarted my PS3, started BF3 with the DS3 (controller <3>) and it stopped at the rainy screen.

I pressed the PS button and changed the DS3 to be controller <1>. I then returned to the game, pressed PS again and QUIT the game.

I restarted the game with the DS3 now Controller <1> and it worked.

Can someone else try the same thing? It fixes it for me. I thought it was something to do with GT6, then realised it was the controller re-assignment that was fixing it for me." courtesy of RiEvEr_EU

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493822006870/

So basically, make your controller #1 and kill away.

Message 14 of 26 (2,324 Views)

★★ Novice

HAHAAHAH this is ridiculous. i wasnt able to get pass the rainy screen for 2 days. I tried to set controller 1 and turn off controller 2 and it worked. you are my star. thank you very much hahahaahaha

Message 15 of 26 (2,062 Views)

★ Novice
It works! It's alive!!! But sound is gone(
Message 16 of 26 (2,050 Views)

★★★ Novice
I had been messing with bf4 for last 2 days called earlier (still hadn't heard back) and finally figured it out and rushed to post when I seen I had posted what I figured out awesome job
Message 17 of 26 (1,991 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Worked for me to. Had wheel plugged in. Removed it and restarted. Works fine.
Message 18 of 26 (1,970 Views)

★★ Novice

@bodhsativa wrote:
After installing the 1.07 update, BF4 will not load past the rainy scene page so I can't get to the main menu, not even to play offline. I have reinstalled from PSN and same deal. I also rebuilt my database but no love. Is this something on my end or did EA bork another "patch"? Whatever the case, can I fix it or do I have to wait for EA to patch their patch before I can play the game I bought?

Message 19 of 26 (1,871 Views)

★★ Novice

After recent BF4 Update ( Version: 1.07 ) on PS3, released on 30th January 2014, BF4 has been continuously freezing on almost every single MultiPlayer Map.

I did post this problem on various Battle Log / Battlefield 4 Forums and Help websites. And surprisingly found there are many other PS3 Players facing the exact same issue. I followed all the steps discussed on almost all forums but all in vain. It
seems that there is no fix for this issue that I can apply on my own.
Even after posting this problem by me or other PS3 players on BF 4 Battle-log or BF4 Control Centre there is no reply or acknowledgement from the DICE / EA side. which makes us think that DICE is not concerned about its existing customers
and on top of that DICE rolled out "February Player Appreciation Programme". which doesn't make any sense.
All players are looking for BF4 Multiplayer to be Fixed not these funny Appreciation Battlepacks which will do no good if the basic game is broken and the recent BF4 Update (1.07) rolled out on 30th January 2014 ( on PS3) made the game
even more worse. Before update 1.07 was rolled out BF4 screen froze may be one time in three consecutive games but after this update it is freezing all most in the middle of all Multiplayer Maps in every single Game.

Unless DICE has come up with any better solution. i would suggest rolling back the new update 1.07 ( rolled out on 30th January 2014) so that PS3 players can go back to previous update and from there you guys can start fixing the
consistent freezing or consistent crashing issue.

Message 20 of 26 (1,871 Views)