Unstable Ping.

by YairLinkin

Original Post

Unstable Ping.

★ Novice

After getting a new PC, and trying to run battlefield through battlelog, I keep having insane rubberbanding, my hits won't register, and just latency in general.

Checking through battlelog on German servers, my ping is around 80ish, but after checking a few times, it jumps to 400ish, and drops back to 80, and repeats itself. During gameplay, it states the ping is stable, usually hanging around 80, but the lag still persists. Usually, after a few minutes ingame I get kicked because my ping is too high. It's unplayable.

On the BF3 Battlelog, it stays at 250, no matter what.

Other online games run great, it's just Battlefield not working.

Message 1 of 3 (335 Views)

Re: Unstable Ping.

Hero

Have you updated your network driver? And from where? And what network adapter do you use?

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 3 (324 Views)

Re: Unstable Ping.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Quote from another topic so give it a try might fix your problem and here is the link to that post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/SOLUTION-How-To-Fix-Battlefield-4-quot-Stopped-Working-quot-q...

This isn't really that common if your area isn't that populated. As the lower the population of your area, the higher connection speed you would be able to received. Well anyways, fixing this FPS Dropping or Lags in Multiplayer Mode is pretty simple. Open up your NotePad and key in this infromation in it. 

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60
PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 0
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
WorldRender.DxDeferredCsPathEnable 0
WorldRender.FxaaEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0

After that, save the NotePad to your Battlefield 4 directory, which would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 Beta\ 

Message 3 of 3 (314 Views)