Unable to verify my credit card. Error #10048

by RiceIBandit

Original Post

Unable to verify my credit card. Error #10048

★★★ Novice
Unable to verify my creditcard, unable to purchase

So for about 2 weeks I have been unable to purchase anything on the Origin store.

At first I got issue error #10048.

I then thought it would be a good idea to re-register my creditcard. So I removed the one I had registered on Origin, and then entered the information again.. and what do I get? Unable to verify this card.

Unable to verify? **bleep** great.

I then try Paypal because I do have a paypal account. Register the paypal account worked, woo it's a miracle. I try to purchase a game... what do I get?

Issue #10048. Great.

I read on the forums, and I notice that I'm not the only one with this problem. There are hundreds, if not thousands of people with purchasing-issues.

Origin says that you should wait for 24 hours in between purchase attempts, and if that doesn't solve it, contact your bank. As if thousands of peoples banks suddenly should have blocked Origin from their services? Right.

Anyway... I have followed Origins step-by-step about this problem. I have waited for 24 hours multiple times before trying to register my credicard, and before trying to make a purchase. Still doesn't work.

I have called my bank asking about it... they don't know what's going on, they haven't blocked Origin, and my creditcard is functional with funds on it.

I have contacted EA support, via live-chat. This was a surprisingly good chat because the helpdesk robot was friendly. Sadly he couldn't do anything from his location, he said he needed to "escalate my issue to experts". This happend a few days ago., so not too long ago, but still shouldn't take this long imo.

In short Origin.... what is the problem? Why are people unable to purchase anything from the store.
Furthermore... now the holiday sale is over... will people, who have been unable to purchase anything, during the sale... will they be compensated somehow? I've been trying to get my hands on a few games during the sale, BECAUSE IT WAS A SALE.

You really should've extended the sale until the issues was fixed for all, this is nothing but poor customer service.

Waiting for a response and a solution to the problem EA... waiting...... waiting.............

Message 1 of 2 (144 Views)

Re: Unable to verify my credit card. Error #10048

Community Manager

@RiceIBandit

Can you check that your Origin and Paypal accounts have matching email addresses:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Error-10048-Every-Time/m-p/3699881#M151249

barry.png
Message 2 of 2 (124 Views)