Unable to connect to game using 4g phone tether.

by alhendor45

Original Post

Unable to connect to game using 4g phone tether.

★★★ Newbie

I can play over at my friends house on his connection without any issue. However, I don't have decent internet at home so I rely on my 4g phone tether (I use PDANet) for almost everything. When I try to play BF4 over it though, It just says on the Match Making spot forever. It never finds a sever. Also, I noticed it doesn't even load the recommended servers that usually show. Has any one else had issues playing over a phone tether?

Message 1 of 4 (1,701 Views)

Re: Unable to connect to game using 4g phone tether.

★★★ Newbie

hey... same issue here. i just made a new post hope to get clarity on it soon. where my ping go!

Message 2 of 4 (1,622 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, with evrything there is a work around, the key is knowing that work around. The info is not made available because, I have been searching for a while and have not been able to find anything. I believe, this has a lot to do with the service carriers money is money and they want to charge outrages prices for data. Well those days are coming to an end because soon tethering will be the norm. They changed everything now with battlefront (no longer requires browser plugin). They would have lost a lot of money if you could not tether and play the game.   Probably60% of users tether what does that amount to 60% loss of sales

Message 3 of 4 (1,552 Views)

Hero

Battlefield or Battlelog doesn't discriminate no matter what type of internet you have. All it care about is that the connection is sufficiently fast, reliable and open. I can easily see tethered connections suffering from problems with all 3.

And 60% game FPS games on tethered? I highly doubt it even reaches 5%.

I don't think there's anything to do here besides getting some better internet for gaming.

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 4 (1,547 Views)