Unable to connect to EA online

by y_cff660099ong

Original Post

Unable to connect to EA online

★★ Novice

hello, I've just bought myself a copy of BF4, but when I tried to play multiplayer, I cant even connect to a single server.. more worse, i can't even start the "Test Range".

it keeps giving me this message "You were disconnected from EA Online. Please check your internet connection or try again later. Soccer ball"

what is wrong?? I don't want to waste my money on a game that could only play campaign, I want a game that can play multiplayer! 

Message 1 of 14 (1,305 Views)

Re: Unable to connect to EA online

Community Manager (retired)

Download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well)
Close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder
 C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

Try to deactivate your firewall/antivirus software and/or check the online ports of your connection:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP
: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit
http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Please let us now, if this problem after this workaround still exist.

Cheers
Basti

Message 2 of 14 (1,291 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for replying.

I've already downloaded and installed the latest version of Origin client, and I do own a Origin account, if I didn't have a Origin account, how is it possible for me to own a copy of BF4.

I've already added the ports to the firewall settings, restarted my computer and run Origin as admin, but still, having the same problem. Can't even join a single multiplayer server or the Test Range mode.

still gives the same message, 

"Error
You were disconnected from EA Online. Please check your internet connection or try again later. Soccer ball"

please help me to solve this problem, I really don't want a game that costed me a lot but unable to play online.

Message 3 of 14 (1,286 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here. i wanted to play bf4 again after a while. first i couldnt because the "play" button in origin was greyed out. then my browsers (chrome, ff) kept telling me i needed to update the plugin.

i reinstalled origin, repaired and reinstalled bf4 yadda yadda, only to still get the same error message as OP.

i too tried moving the bf4 folder, redownloading it, pausing the download, moving the folder back to its old location.

still, not working. and just to clarify, i have not changed anything in my firewall or router. i can join bf3 servers just fine. the game wont even load when i turn my firewall off. 

so, i am really looking forward to some help, since everything i found i have already tried. and again, it was working perfectly fine a few weeks ago.

Message 4 of 14 (1,275 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Try this on your internet modem / router and let me know if this solved your issue. It helped my internet connection at home a lot.

1) Log into your modem / router
2) Turn OFF UPNP.
3) Turn off PC UPnP Service
4) Press: Windows-button a window should pop up. Write: services.msc then press enter.
5) In the list of services, scroll down to UPnP Device Host click it and press Stop service. Now do the same thing but with the service & SSDP Discovery
6) Exit the window and go to control panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre > Change advanced sharing settings under network discovery, select to turn off network discovery then Save your changes

Message 5 of 14 (1,266 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried turning off UPNP services in both PC and modem, and also disabled SSDP Discovery, and restarted both modem and PC.. still the same problem..

"Error

You were disconnected from EA Online. Please check your internet connection or try again later. Soccer ball"

this is getting really annoying..

Message 6 of 14 (1,253 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Is it all servers this happens in or just one? Sometimes it can be an issue with the one server if you have only tried on one.
Message 7 of 14 (1,249 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the respond.

I can't join ANY SERVERS on the server list, not just  one. I can't even start a "Test Range" session. It keeps giving me the error massage. I just don't understand.

Message 8 of 14 (1,239 Views)

★★★ Newbie

nope, still doesnt work and i cant go to the test range either.

my guess is the battlelog plugin 2.6.2_157 since this is the only thing that has changed since the last time i played.

and again, i have no trouble joining and playing on bf3 servers.

well i guess i wont be playing my 120€ premium game anymore....

Message 9 of 14 (1,229 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Could you please try to clean boot as some software may be blocking the connection,

To Clean Boot Your PC,

1) Press Win+R
2) Type 'msconfig.' in the prompt and hit enter
3) When Msconfig opens select 'General'
4) Choose Selective Startup option.
5) Uncheck 'Load startup items box'
6) Open the 'Services tab' then select 'Hide all Microsoft services' Option at the bottom of the tab
7) Press 'Disable All' Button
8) When prompted restart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thank-you
KillerWhalSam
Marshall

If I or Anyone helped in any way please in return make the time to award then with XP please.
If I solved the problem please press 'Accept as Soloution' next to my post so others know of the soloution.

I DO NOT WORK FOR EA
MY VIEWS ARE MY SOLE OPINION SO THEREFORE DO NOT REPRESENT THE VIEWS OF DICE, EA OR ANY SUB EA COMPANY.

Message 10 of 14 (1,225 Views)