UPDATE: [FAQ] Battlefield 4 Game Time FAQ and troubleshooting

by XXXO77O4906

Original Post

UPDATE: [FAQ] Battlefield 4 Game Time FAQ and troubleshooting

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Origin Game Time is rejoining the fight with Battlefield 4. Answers to frequently asked questions are below:

How long do I get free access to Battlefield 4 through Origin Game Time? 

• Once you've added Battlefield 4 on Origin Game Time to your My Games library, you'll have a full 7 days – 168 hours! – to play, starting from the moment you first launch the game.

How long am I able to get Battlefield 4 through Origin Game Time? 

• Most of the time, Origin Game Time has to be redeemed within a limited window, but the Origin Game Time edition of Battlefield 4 can be added to your Origin Library at any time! Add it in whenever you want, and launch the game to begin your 168 hours of play.

What happens to the XP and levels I've gained after Origin Game Time ends? 

• Origin will automatically save all your progress during Origin Game Time. If you decide to buy Battlefield 4 after your free session expires, you'll be able to pick up right where you left off with all of your unlocks and levels intact.

What game modes will I be able to play with Battlefield 4 on Origin Game Time? 

• Origin Game Time gives you full access to all of Battlefield 4, from the single-player campaign to the legendary 64-player multiplayer skirmishes and everything in between.

If I buy Battlefield 4 Premium Membership while playing Origin Game Time, what happens after my free session ends? 

• If you purchase Battlefield 4 Premium Membership, you will still own it after Origin Game Time ends. In order to play the content in Battlefield 4 Premium after your Origin Game Time is over, however, you will need to own Battlefield 4 base game.

Wasn’t Battlefield 4 already featured in Origin Game Time?

• It was, but we wanted to give even more players a chance to try out Battlefield 4!

If I played the last Battlefield 4 Origin Game Time, can I play this one?

• Sorry, but this is only for players totally new to the game – if you were a part of the previous Origin Game Time for Battlefield 4, you won’t be able to jump into this one.

Below, you can find more information on what Origin Game Time is, how it works and what it is all about:

Origin Game Time is your chance to play our latest games for free. Far more than a demo - Origin Game Time gives you full access to the entire gameplay experience at no cost.  Your in-game progress during this time is saved, and you can pick up right where you left off if you choose to purchase the game.

Your Origin Game Time clock begins when you first launch the game after it’s been fully downloaded and installed. Once started, the clock will continue to run whether you’re in the game or taking a break.  

Make sure to keep an eye on the Origin Facebook and Twitter pages to be the first to hear about future Origin Game Time offerings.

Find more information on Origin Game Time straight from the source, and if you're having trouble accessing Origin Game Time, feel free to contact us to here on EA Help to figure out your issue.

Message 1 of 2 (21,289 Views)

[INFO & WORKAROUNDS] Battlefield 4 Game Time

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Battlefield 4 Game Time

When does this error occur? 

• This error may occur if you just got the latest seven day BF4 game time, it usually can be fixed in some cases.
  •  

How can we fix it?

Sometimes we can fix this bug however sometimes not.

This game will not work normally if started via origin but will sometimes work if started via battlelog - battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4

If this does not work it then means you have a local issue or an account issue.

Most local issues are fixed by this:

1). Uninstall both BF4 and Origin Client.
2). Go into your registry (Windows button + R, then type 'regedit' and enter).
3). Go into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -then- SOFTWARE.
4). Find the WOW6432node folder with the Origin folder within it.
5). Delete the Origin Folder (You'll have to press 'yes').
6). Close the registry
7). Re-install Both Origin and BF4
8). Play the game (hopefully).

If none of the above work Contact EA,

1) Visit http://help.ea.com/uk/contact-us/?product=battlefield-4
2) Press 'New Case'
3) Select Platform after that press Next
4) Select a relevant Topic and name then press next
5) Select a contact method, I recommend call back but note that call back is only available in certain Countries.

What can we do to help?

If you create a question or send details via PM, please provide the following details:

• System Specs
  • Screenshot of the issue
  • Did any of the steps work?
  • What games do you have?

This will help so I can try to replicate the issue into a virtual machine and try any fixes.

Do you have a solution?

If you have a solution just send me a PM with the details here in Answer HQ and we will add it to this post.

Any help that you give is much thanked by the community!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thank-you
Killerwhal812
Marshall

If I or Anyone helped in any way please in return make the time to award then with XP please.
If I solved the problem please press 'Accept as Soloution' next to my post so others know of the soloution.

I DO NOT WORK FOR EA
MY VIEWS ARE MY SOLE OPINION AND NOT EAs

Message 2 of 2 (20,947 Views)