Screen is flickering like crazy when running Battlefield 3 & 4 with GTX 970

by Nebuq

Original Post

Screen is flickering like crazy when running Battlefield 3 & 4 with GTX 970

★ Apprentice

So I just got a new PC and my GPU is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 - When I run Battlefield 3 and 4 there's crazy flickering on the screen, horizontal lines looks like some interference/disturbance.. I installed the latest drivers, does anyone else play with the same GPU and in that case which driver version do you use? What's the problem???

I run ultra settings with 1920 x 1080 and 60 hz. My monitor only has a VGA output and is 60hz too, I connected it to the GPU through a DVI adapter. It improved a lot when I switched to another VGA cable I had lying around at home but the problem still remains unresolved....

Enableing Vertical sync also improved the initial flickering, but after I changed the cable the flickering is really minimal even with vsync off compared to how it was at first, but still clearly visible and annoying.. Could my GPU simply be faulty or what?

When the game is not running there's no noticeable flickering in the web browser/desktop etc.. At first there was though, before changing the cable and launching BF was like a huge boost to the flickering, that made it increase in windows aswell.

Message 1 of 2 (160 Views)

Re: Screen is flickering like crazy when running Battlefield 3 & 4 with GTX

Hero (Retired)

@Nebuq

By the sounds of you changing the cable, and it improving it sounds like it may be a connection issue somewhere.  I have a GTX 970 as well, hooked up thru VGA to my 60Hz TV, and connected to the GPU with a DVI-I adapter.  I am using the DVI-I slot, not the regular DVI slot though.  Have you tried unplugging the adapter and redoing the connection?  It may be a bit loose, causing the flickering.  It could also be the physical connection to either the port on the GPU or the VGA port on the monitor as well.  The final thing is is could possibly be the connection on the card is bad, and you would need a new card, but I hope it is not that, but that is why they provide warranties, you always get a few bad apples in the bunch that pass thru inspection.

As for my driver, I am currently running the 359.00 version released on 11/19/2015.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 2 of 2 (148 Views)