[SOLUTION] How To Fix Battlefield 4 "Stopped Working" , "Errors" and "Crashes"

by arcaniumixi

Original Post

Re: [SOLUTION] How To Fix Battlefield 4 "Stopped Working" , "Erro

★ Novice

THANK YOU I'VE BEEN SEARCHING THE WEB FOR HALF A MONTH, FINALLY A GOOD WAY TO FIX IT.

THANK YOU! Standard smile Standard smile Standard smile

Message 11 of 21 (4,315 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, I test everysingle solution on internet, even formating and reintalling the game... But nothing seems to work.

When Im playing the fps drops in action, when someone spawn on me or when im doing quickscope... Tried in low, medium, high, ultra and custom video settiong and nothing.

Im really tired of this, after playing almost all battlefields, this seems to be the end of me buying games to EA, awfull from the beginning.

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.5GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core
Memory: GSkill 8gb (4x2)
Video Card: ASUS GeForceGTX750TI
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Message 12 of 21 (4,314 Views)

★ Novice

it worked thanks man you saved my **bleep** !!!god blees you!!

Message 13 of 21 (3,892 Views)

★★ Novice

Any of these did not work Frown Other solutions?

I have searched ALL over the internet now. I have had this game for nearly a whole year now! Nothing helped, even contacting EA and asks. Nothing works!

Message 14 of 21 (2,576 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Dear Simon,

ive had this problem to for a very very long time. My memory would build up to around 90-95% and then crash to desktop or bluescreen. I've tried every solution on the internet (reinstall game, repair, reinstall graphics driver, run as admin etc etc. but nothing worked. I could play the game fine on high settings, but i had to exit after every (normal, short) round so my memory would drop again.

Well, i managed to fixed the damn problem and now im hoping it will for you to, because if this works, it means we could help alot of people.

First of all my rig:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1100T Black Edition (OC'ed to 3.6GHz @ 1.4250v (with turbo core off) & Northbridge @1.2500v

Memory: Kingston HyperX Genesis 1333MHz 8GB

Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme4

GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G

What worked for me after about a year of trying all the fixes on the internet:

In BIOS >

I increased the Northbridge (NB) frequency multiplier from 2000mhz on CPU multiplier 3800mhz to:

NB frequency multiplier > 2600mhz and CPU multiplier > 3600mhz  ( http://www.overclockers.com/step-guide-overclock-amd-phenom/  ) Read this topic about the northbridge and memory! Especially table 3 and 4.

i changed the RAS# Active Time (tRAS) from 20 to >>> 19 (see image for more info)

So my RAM is still 7-7-7-20, but the tRAS is now 19 instead.

This solution worked for me after trying sooo many other things. Maybe these settings may not work for you because you have a different cpu and memory, but my advice is to read the thread about CPU speed and the corresponding NB speed and RAM timings.

Hopefully it will work, and if it does, please let me know! Wink

Message 15 of 21 (2,511 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had this problem to for a very very long time. My memory would build up to around 90-95% and then crash to desktop or bluescreen. I've tried every solution on the internet (reinstall game, repair, reinstall graphics driver, run as admin etc etc. but nothing worked. I could play the game fine on high settings, but i had to exit after every (normal, short) round so my memory would drop again.

Well, i managed to fixed the damn problem and now im hoping it will for you to, because if this works, it means we could help alot of people.

First of all my rig:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1100T Black Edition (OC'ed to 3.6GHz @ 1.4250v (with turbo core off) & Northbridge @1.2500v

Memory: Kingston HyperX Genesis 1333MHz 8GB

Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme4

GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G

What worked for me after about a year of trying all the fixes on the internet:

In BIOS >

I increased the Northbridge (NB) frequency multiplier from 2000mhz on CPU multiplier 3800mhz to:

NB frequency multiplier > 2600mhz and CPU multiplier > 3600mhz  ( http://www.overclockers.com/step-guide-overclock-amd-phenom/  ) Read this topic about the northbridge and memory! Especially table 3 and 4.

i changed the RAS# Active Time (tRAS) from 20 to >>> 19 (see image for more info)

So my RAM is still 7-7-7-20, but the tRAS is now 19 instead.

This solution worked for me after trying sooo many other things. Maybe these settings may not work for you because you have a different cpu and memory, but my advice is to read the thread about CPU speed and the corresponding NB speed and RAM timings.

Hopefully it will work, and if it does, please let me know! Wink

Message 16 of 21 (2,503 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I got the same message

2 solutions that worked for me

go to origin

take the tick off for Origin access in-game

just above that type /ne in the executable Line  (fixes window sizing issue)

Message 17 of 21 (2,374 Views)

★★ Novice

No good, this is another one of those not working ones.

Try this:

-Disable Origin in game.
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

-Reinstall DirectX.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist
2:Find file named DXSETUP.exe, right lcik and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR . Install it. It should update your DirectX install.
3: You might need to reboot computer first.
4: try to launch game.

-Reinstall C++ redistributables.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist
2: Double click vcredist_x64.exe/ vcredist_x86.exe and follow onscreen prompts.

-Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Back in Bf4Beta I couldn't play the game at all until I did the following so it's worth a shot:

-In some cases your Microsoft C++ redistributables (or lack of certain ones) might be causing the problem.
1. Download this file - download linkhttp://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/VC-Redist-Installer-Download-216678.html [softpedia.com]
2. Run the file.
3. In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game.
4. Restart PC
5. Try to play the game now.
The above file installs all the C++ redistributables in one package. Windows update can sometimes miss some of them which prevents the game from starting and causes it to crash while loading.

Does not work for me, but could work for you. 

Message 18 of 21 (2,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Regedit worked for me thanks bro!
Message 19 of 21 (1,149 Views)

★ Novice

Now I can't even launch bf4

Message 20 of 21 (457 Views)