Re: [SOLUTION] How To Fix Battlefield 4 "Stopped Working" , "Errors" and "C

by EleviN_M8

Original Post

[SOLUTION] How To Fix Battlefield 4 "Stopped Working" , "Errors" and "Crashes"

★★★ Novice

Always receiving a Error or "This Programe Has Stopped Working" whenever you start playing Battlefield 4 or During its startup (basically means the same anyways) I have been experiencing this kind of "annoying" stuffs since I bought Battlefield 4 2 days ago. After installation, you would mostly be like "YES! Finally! Get to play some Battlefield!Confusedmileyvery-happy:"  Than when you click on "Play" via Origin, It starts normally, with a black screen with a "loading bar" at the right hand side. After 1 second, Boom. This Programme has stopped working. 

Searching all over the net, looking for fixes on all this crappy stuffs and errors, NONE of it WORKS.

So here are some solutions that you can use which might help you out. It worked for me since I bought BF4 till now.

[][] Experience Crashes & Stuffs [][]

Honestly speaking, I have not met any kind of crashes so far playing on Test Range, Multiplayer or Campaign. But when I was asking my other friends for solutions on fixing different kinds of error in BF4, They told me that you can update your drivers and try your playing BF4 again. 

[][] RegistryEditing For BattleField 4 [][]

RegEdit basically means RegisteryEditing. You can do so for most of the PC, here are some ways to access RegEdit via different "Windows"

Windows XP - Windows 7

> Start > RegEdit >  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > EA Games > Battlefield 4

> Now, click on Battlefield 4 and you will see a row called "Display Name" if your Battlefield 4 have the "TM" sign, remove it.

> Now go back to Origin / Battlefield 4 and relaunch it again. You can try running as a adminstrator as well.

Windows 8 - Windows 8.1 ++

> Move your mouse to the top right hand corner, and click the search button

> Search for "RegEdit" and click on Yes (If a pop message opens up)

> So the cycle is basically be the same with "Old Windows"

RegEdit >  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > EA Games > Battlefield 4

> Click on Battlefield 4 and you will see a row called "Display Name" if your Battlefield 4 have the "TM" sign, remove it.

> Now go back to Origin / Battlefield 4 and relaunch it again. You can try running as a adminstrator as well.

[][] Battlefield 4 Has Stopped Working (On StartUp - Multiplayer, Campaign & Test Range) [][]

This is basically what most of BF4 Users out there will be facing (same for me). As when I first bought BF4 and Installed, I pressed "Play" and it basically went "Not Responding" and closed the game itself. The way I managed to fix this, was by downloading GeForce Experience (http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience) via their official website and on their menu, try launching BF4 from GeForce Experience and it might work smoothly, no "Stopped Working" or crashes happening during startup or during gameplay. It basically works just fine!

[][] Multiplayer - FPS Dropping so Badly / Lagging so Badly! [][]

This isn't really that common if your area isn't that populated. As the lower the population of your area, the higher connection speed you would be able to received. Well anyways, fixing this FPS Dropping or Lags in Multiplayer Mode is pretty simple. Open up your NotePad and key in this infromation in it. 

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60
PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 0
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
WorldRender.DxDeferredCsPathEnable 0
WorldRender.FxaaEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0

After that, save the NotePad to your Battlefield 4 directory, which would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 Beta\ 

These are basically some problems that you users out there might be facing, anyways, If your still facing problems after trying this, Do post it down below and remember to include detailed infromation of the problem your facing in Battlefield 4 / During StartUp of Battlefield 4!

Message 1 of 22 (121,892 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

use razer game booster for Radeon users https://www.razerzone.com/au-en/gamebooster

Message 2 of 22 (121,257 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried to do everything you write and I still when I try to start the game write game stop working and the game is inserted, this happens to me in single player and Multi Player mode

Intel Core i7-4702MQ. GHz
geforce760m
8gb ram
windows8

Message 3 of 22 (121,190 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
@arcaniumixi wrote:

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60
PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 0
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
WorldRender.DxDeferredCsPathEnable 0
WorldRender.FxaaEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0

____________________________________________________________________________________

just to let you know that this command "RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1" is now "RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 1" for me personally it works better with "0" or "2"

Message 4 of 22 (121,178 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It doesn't matter if you launch the game through the GeForce Experience because it launches from battlelog, try find another sulution to that because it does not help at all.

Message 5 of 22 (120,921 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Same issue bios everything up to date and even turn off virus scan when I play nothing works for very long BF4 has stopped working so sick of this error .And yes did everything he said :/ 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
M/B ASUS Maximus V1 Hero
Memory - 32 GB patriot G2 Seris DDR3
Win 8.1 64bit
power supply  HX 1000W Modular power supply
Video Card - GTX690
Monitor - Samsung MD230X3 Screen resolution 5760 X 1080 
Case - Antec Twelve Hundred

Message 6 of 22 (112,735 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i updated my radeon with the catalyst drivers to get watchdogs working.  When i tried battlefield 4 it started crashing at the beginning.  I did  rollback on my drivers and battlefield started working again.

Message 7 of 22 (111,584 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Exactly. I had 13.10 or something. It worked absolutly great. When I installed 14.16 to get Watchdogs running BF4 started to crash again midgame. Rolling back to 13 didnt help...

Message 8 of 22 (111,556 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I hope this can help others This  is how I got BF4 stopped working off my PC...

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/PC-This-is-how-to-fix-BF4-after-everything-else-failed-to-ful...

Message 9 of 22 (109,364 Views)

Re: [SOLUTION] How To Fix Battlefield 4 "Stopped Working" , "Erro

★★★ Newbie

Is it also good for windows 7???

Message 10 of 22 (101,749 Views)