Refunding BF4 available to those who purchased from Origin, but not from 3rd party Retailers?

by Dejahboi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Refunding BF4 available to those who purchased from Origin, but not from 3rd party Retailers?

★★ Novice

I just recently got done talking a EA Game Advisor regarding a refund on PC's BF4. Unfortunately, since I've purchased this game through "GameStop", I'm unable to return the game for a full refund (which I was already aware of, and confirmed talking to a Rep via phone). 

I do understand many PC titles at launch will have several bugs, ( with execption of Sim City), though I did not feel reluctant to purchase BF4. Honest to say that I did not mind the crashes/freezing, no sound, or connection errors I'll get every now and then; but really frustrating when you're on top of the boards, games either midway or near the end of a round and it crashes. Literally 1 ticket from the round coming to an end and it crashes. 

That said, I dealt with it and understood I wasted my time. Anyways, to top it off and which made my decision more clear that I wanted to return the game (which is very Rare, esp. I've owned all of battlefield titles on the PC), was that someone scripted the Double experiene offered for launch weekend ".5", because everything I did in-game was being divided in half. So on-screen it says I'm getting 100 points for getting a kill or 150 for capturing a flag. Instead i get 50 points for a kill and 75 points for a caputre point. 

That's what led me to contacting EA to resolve this "back-end" issue and clearly its new bug for those who are facing this issue. 

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065217793684806/1/

I also made a video pointing out to this issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xya89XEl-SY

(if you watch the video, after a kill streak of 8, i was only getting 50pts a kill instead of 100 and somewhere in the vid i constantly res'd other players to show the original value of a res and the double experience value are completely different and should bonus value should not reflect the scoreboard, but the original value is cut in half)

After a good  hour of chatting 2 reps. (Last one being understanding), and clearly sharing my frustration. I'm unable to get a full refund from both parties. Though following this thread:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065217942518325/1/

One supposedly confirmed it was possible get a full refund via third party with the assistance from EA. 

So overall, what am I suppose to do to get a full refund of this non-fully functional game? 

Here's a chat log of my experience with EA:

info: Your approximate wait time is 4 minute.
info: Your approximate wait time is 3 minute.
info: Your approximate wait time is 1 minute.
info: You are now ready to chat with Rahul.
Rahul: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Rahul. How may I assist you today?
you: Hi, I was talking to a representative last night and I guess we lost connection. But I wanted to return my copy of BF4 due to the constant crashes, instability, and now I'm getting 50% experience for everything I do
Rahul: Hello.
Rahul: I'll do my best to address your concern.
you: Alright
Rahul: Can you please provide me your case id so that I can check that for you.
you: He didnt provide one from last nights case
Rahul: Okay in that case might be you received that in your email address.
you: I checked my email, and no i didnt get anything
Rahul: Okay don't worry, I'll find that my own.
you: Well to summarize the conversation last night. I was pretty frustrated, and still frustrated that I'm getting %50 of experience of everything I achieved during game. Say I cap a flag and it say 150 capture points, I look at the scoreboard and i get 75 points. And it goes for everything I do, so i see friends with 2k points doing the same objectives, I'm still lingering around 1k. This all happened after i entered the promo code for double exp.
Rahul: May I know from where you have purchased the game.
you: GameStop
you: Last thing the CS asked was my order number, but I don't know where to locate that on my reciept.
Rahul: Okay.
Rahul: Can you please prove me your proof of purchase please.
you: would you want me to send a picture?
Rahul: Yes, please.
Rahul: You can attach it by the following link-"https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-attach-a-file-to-your-ea-help-ticket"
you: its uploading
you: Okay its uploaded
Rahul: Okay.
Rahul: Okay thanks let me check this for you.
you: alright
Rahul: Thank you for waiting. I really appreciate your patience.
Rahul: As I can see that you have purchased the game from the gamestop.
you: yeah thats what i said
Rahul: So if you want the refund for this you need to contact the gamestop only.
Rahul: As the purchase made from the gamestop.
you: They wouldn't be able to take it since its an opened package
you: and its for the PC, so regardless, they wouldn't take it opened
Rahul: As it depends on their end as the purchase made from them .
Rahul: As we can not make any comment on that.
you: So you're saying I'm stuck with a non-functional game?
Rahul: I am not saying that you will not be refunded.
you: They won't take it since its and opened PC game. The key is used so it holds no value to them
you: I've done this once with them, and they made it clear to me. Its common sense as well..you can't reuse a CD key
Rahul: So we can't do anything in that case as the purchased made from them.
you: Okay so, people who have it digitally downloaded can return the game, but for us who wanted the hard copy can't???
Rahul: I don’t blame you for being anxious, had I been in your place, I would have reacted in the same way.
Rahul: If that wold be possible from my end I'll definitely refund this for you.
you: I'm reading more things on the forums, somone stated for those can't return the game via origin. A brand new sealed copy was sent to them to return to the retailer?
you: If thats true, then why can't I have that option?
Rahul: No brandon. its not like that the game is return to the same place from it was purchased.
Rahul: As every retailer have their own refund policies.
you: Yeah, so in other words I'm stuck with this game
Rahul: For this I suggest you to please contact the gamestop and explain your issue with them and might be the can refund you with the game.
Rahul: And please do understand me if had it been possible, I would’ve definitely done this for you.
you: It clearly states on the back of the receipt, "Downloadable (DLC), Digital Games and/or PC Downloads = no returns or exchanges ".
Rahul: If I were in your shoes, I’m sure I’d feel just as you do.
Rahul: I can completely understand your state of mind.
Rahul: I can completely understand your state of mind.
Rahul: But I can't so anything in this case if the purchase is made from the origin I would not take the single minute to refund this for you.
Rahul: But as the purchased made from the third party.
Rahul: And we so not have access to their database and their purchases.
you: Would it be possible for me to talk to a supervisor? I can do the same with GameStop, but I know for a fact that they'll forward me back to you guys to deal with my issue. I had similar experience in returning StarCraft 2
Rahul: Brandon, I had confirm this to my supervisor only that And my supervisor told me that we can not refund anything in the third party purchased
you: So what then?
Rahul: Then you have the only option to contact to the retailer.
you: I just got off the phone with the Retailer, and unfortunately they don't take back PC games opened nor give me any trade-in credit
you: If it were for the xbox 360 or PS3, they'll give me back %75, but its for the PC so its no go
Rahul: So (my name), we cannot do anything in this case.
you: So if you don't mind I'm going to post this conversation on the forums regarding purchases made through "third-party" retailers and those who ordered through Origin are the only ones who can receive a refund. I'm seriously disappointed in this company. I'm not mad at you, but at your policy and there's nothing that can't be done. I'm the type of person who likes to argue, but this is wrong.
Rahul: Apart from this is there anything else that I can do for you.
you: No, I wanna talk to upper management myself I fight for my rights as a customer.
Rahul: No problem Brandon, you can post this on the forums.
you: That's $65 out of my pocket that I can't get back\
Rahul: I know the value of money and I can really understand your frustration with this.
Rahul: May I know is there anything else that you wish to know.
you: Would it be possible for me to contact upper management so I can address them with my problem myself? I understand you've talked to your supervisor, dont get me wrong you did everything you do, but its their executive decision that deters this matter.
Rahul: Yeah, you can post you issue on this link-"http://answers.ea.com/"
Rahul: As this link is regularly visited by the upper management team.
Rahul: And I will post your issue on this link from my side also.
you: Well I'll go ahead an make thread, I'm not sure how-to go about this, but that's all I have to say
Rahul: I hope you will get your money for this.
Rahul: I’m glad that we were able to assist you with your issue.I hope you have found our session helpful.
you: Thanks! Anyways thanks Rahul. I'll be posting a new question momentarily on the forums.
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to [edit: email address removed] at the end of your chat session.
Rahul: You are most welcome.
Rahul: Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts support today.
Have a great day!
Bye and take care!

Rahul: If you wish to disconnect this chat use "End Chat" button provided to you. Do not close the window please..

Message 1 of 6 (3,181 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Refunding BF4 available to those who purchased from Origin, but not from 3rd party Retailers?

EA Staff

Check this link for Warranty Exchange policies and procedures.

https://help.ea.com/en/article/electronic-arts-warranty-policy

X

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (3,208 Views)

All Replies

Re: Refunding BF4 available to those who purchased from Origin, but not from 3rd party Retailers?

★★★ Apprentice

Isn't this common sense? You get refunds from the retailer who sold it to you. If you bought it from Gamestop, they're the ones you gave your money to and should contact.

Message 2 of 6 (3,173 Views)

EA Staff

Check this link for Warranty Exchange policies and procedures.

https://help.ea.com/en/article/electronic-arts-warranty-policy

X

Message 3 of 6 (3,209 Views)

★★ Novice

If you read the chat log, and followed the links then you'd understand my frustration. And in the end regardless of who I talk to, I'll be playing cat and mouse. 

Message 4 of 6 (3,156 Views)

★★ Novice

And this is what I was looking for..

Message 5 of 6 (3,154 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This link is for digital downloads only and to the op i feel your pain i myself have been in this postion.

Info on getting refund. 

https://help.ea.com/article/returns-and-cancellations [help.ea.com]

Message 6 of 6 (3,112 Views)