Recent crashes due to atidxx64.dll

by Blackleson

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Recent crashes due to atidxx64.dll

★★★ Apprentice

I was last able to play BF4 okay on 4/30. Logging in today (5/3), I barely get a minute in before BF4 crashes with faulting module atidxx64.dll. Sometimes, the game crashes before it has finished loading. The game seems to run fine on the Test Range and empty servers.

I have tried using the latest 14.4 driver and the beta 14.4, but was using an earlier driver just fine a few days ago, and tried rolling back to it in between. I have also updated my Realtek driver to R273, to no effect.

The only Windows update installed since then was the IE patch (KB2964358). Firefox also updated to version 29, but it also crashes when launched from IE. Punkbuster is also up-to-date.

I have even tried switching between my two monitors, Acer AL1716s connected by VGA/D-sub and DVI, and the game has failed on both.

AMD Phenom II X4 925

Biostar A870U3

8 GB RAM

ASUS CuCore EAH5770

Message 1 of 19 (33,105 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Recent crashes due to atidxx64.dll

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It's the antialiasing. Was running 2x MSAA ever since launch, but now that's not good enough.

View in thread

Message 5 of 19 (35,930 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I have the same problem as you, it started a few days ago. I connect to a server, it loads up, and not even a minute passes and it crashes. I haven't installed any updates in the past few days ( except some firefox updates ).

Message 2 of 19 (33,062 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi, 

-make sure that you've updated your drivers to latest version.
If AMD then go to its website and do the same. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
Choose a 'clean install' (usually in the advanced install options)

If the problem only began after updating your graphics driver then try reverting to a previous driver (again choosing 'clean install)
If using Mantle drivers on AMD and crashing in X64 version then: Go to C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings and delete the file "PROFSAVE_profile" (or you could just move it somewhere else on your PC for safekeeping).This will also reset keybindings and graphics settings so you will need to do them again when you launch the game.

Message 3 of 19 (33,053 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Not sure what went right, but between more installs of 13.12 and 14.4 between cleanings with AMDCleanupUtility, turning off antialiasing, and even mistakenly clearing out an old PROFSAVE_profile from an older folder, I'm not crashing at the moment.

Message 4 of 19 (33,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It's the antialiasing. Was running 2x MSAA ever since launch, but now that's not good enough.

Message 5 of 19 (35,931 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks mate, I tried like 500 "fixes" the whole weekend...

I am using an ati card too and it was the antialiasing for me also.... after I turned it off I could play again :O)

thx!

Message 6 of 19 (32,652 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem and narrowed it down to antialiasing. Game works with it switched off, but does this mean I can never have it switched on again? I think graphics at a distance look really crumby with it turned off. It's much harder to make out enemies at range. Surely antialiasing isn't now permanently borked for a lot of users?

Message 7 of 19 (31,983 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still happening 5 months later, and I have ot agree the lack of AA is kind of ruining the experience, can anyone comment is it only on certain types of AMD/ATI cards? or even further that Nvidia doesn't have the issue since it doesn't appear it's important enough for people to fix in updates either driver or game side..

Message 8 of 19 (31,180 Views)

★★ Novice

It was fine for me till the latest patch and then atidxx64.dll errors in my Event Viewer > Application logs. I surfed the web for literally DAYS trying to fix the game crashing the moment i start a match.  I updated to latest ATI graphics drivers, updated Punkbuster, did origin repair, deleted Ati raptr profile, tried 32 bit version of bf4, unchecked cloud sync in Origin, unchecked origin in game in Origin settings.  Turning off Antialaising worked.  OMFG  (Thanks for taking the time to post suggestion)

Message 9 of 19 (30,216 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've got a HD 6670 and it's also happening to me!

onlt sulution is to turn of AA. but like anyone else says, its ruining the expirience cause you cant see enemy's when there over 70-80meter's (I'am from denmark)

Iam Running

AMD Athlon X4 3Ghz

6 GB 1033Mhz DDR3

1GB DDR3 Radeon HD 6670

AMD Catalyst 14.4 - The 14.9 drivers i BULLSHI**

Message 10 of 19 (30,106 Views)