Question about Battlefield 4 - virtual firearms discipline

by tomahawk5

Original Post

Question about Battlefield 4 - virtual firearms discipline

★ Newbie

As a gun owner and firearms instructor, I have an issue with the Battlefield gameplay. It seems as a company that DICE does a very good job with the realism, so I am wondering why do the characters run with their fingers on the trigger? I am a shooting competitor and in every discipline, if the shooter is moving and not shooting, their finger is to be off of the trigger. I am not a military member, but I seriously doubt if the military teaches their soldiers to run with their fingers on the trigger. 

Sure there is no actual danger posed by running with the finger on the trigger, but it just does not proper to show the wrong way to handle firearms.

Thank you,

Kevin Schneider

Message 1 of 3 (261 Views)

Re: Question about Battlefield 4 - virtual firearms discipline

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@tomahawk5 Sounds pretty cool! Guns are fun to shoot! (safely that is) Wink

If you post this in the battlelog forums it will be noticed by DICE Devs. As the devs don't usually come on these forums Post it here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/ and log in with your account (Same info you used to log into this site)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Did a post solve your question? Click Accept as Solution & Award with XP!
PM me with game related issues only. Account issues? http://help.ea.com/

Message 2 of 3 (254 Views)

Re: Question about Battlefield 4 - virtual firearms discipline

OP as a US Army combat veteran I can say that the Military does not train soldiers to run around with their fingers on the trigger (I personally never put my finger on the trigger in combat until I was ready to return fire).  However the Battlefield series is made by civiilians in Sweeden and not by combat veterans, and the Battlefield game unlike the Arma series is not a military simulartion and therefore unlikely to to be concerned with such matters as the position of fingers.

If you would like to ask the devs personally I recommend to tweet them on Twitter as many of them actively respond to questions from fans.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 3 (243 Views)