Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Keeper
thecolonelkiwi
Accepted Solution

Punkbuster and GGC bans on BF4

So I recently stupidly got my account banned by GGC and Punkbuster on BF3 for using a special recording software (VeniceFX) on a protected server and I am now banned from many Punkbuster and GGC servers on BF3.

I would like to know if my ban will carry on to BF4 and that I will able to play on all servers without question or I should get a new account.

Thankyou :smileywink:

P.S. I am really excited for BF4 and it would be a shame if I was banned because of my own stupidity.

MLadyD7
Topics: 39
XP: 3,697
Solutions: 1,915

Re: Punkbuster and GGC bans on BF4

If you were banned by Punkbuster or GGC-Stream, please know that EA Support cannot assist with unbanning your account. Learn more about disputing a ban withPunkBuster or GGC-Stream.

https://help.ea.com/article/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others & Click XP if someone helped!

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin/Pogo
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM
-
----( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)”----

Carbonic
Topics: 32
XP: 1,909
Solutions: 777

Re: Punkbuster and GGC bans on BF4

[ Edited ]

Punkbuster has 2 kind of bans, the one used most/99% of the time the bans are CD-Key based (GUID based) and will thus not affect BF4. If you have done something hardcore you can get a hardware ban which bans you current hardware from playing, these are however very rare.

I'm not sure about GGC but don't think it does.