Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Punkbuster and GGC bans on BF4

by thecolonelkiwi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Punkbuster and GGC bans on BF4

★★★★ Novice

So I recently stupidly got my account banned by GGC and Punkbuster on BF3 for using a special recording software (VeniceFX) on a protected server and I am now banned from many Punkbuster and GGC servers on BF3.

I would like to know if my ban will carry on to BF4 and that I will able to play on all servers without question or I should get a new account.

Thankyou Wink

P.S. I am really excited for BF4 and it would be a shame if I was banned because of my own stupidity.

Message 1 of 3 (1,648 Views)

Re: Punkbuster and GGC bans on BF4

Champion

If you were banned by Punkbuster or GGC-Stream, please know that EA Support cannot assist with unbanning your account. Learn more about disputing a ban withPunkBuster or GGC-Stream.

https://help.ea.com/article/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others & Click XP if someone helped!

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin/Pogo
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM
-
----( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)”----

Message 2 of 3 (1,642 Views)

Re: Punkbuster and GGC bans on BF4

[ Edited ]
Hero

Punkbuster has 2 kind of bans, the one used most/99% of the time the bans are CD-Key based (GUID based) and will thus not affect BF4. If you have done something hardcore you can get a hardware ban which bans you current hardware from playing, these are however very rare.

I'm not sure about GGC but don't think it does.

Message 3 of 3 (1,637 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

If you were banned by Punkbuster or GGC-Stream, please know that EA Support cannot assist with unbanning your account. Learn more about disputing a ban withPunkBuster or GGC-Stream.

https://help.ea.com/article/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com