Re: Problems with AMD-Mantle

by PIazma

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I've been getting this issue for the last couple of months now, tried 3 different drivers. Any updates?

Regards,

PIazma

Message 11 of 20 (1,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Changing image settings from fullscreen to borderless windowed will solve the mante crashes, although this shouldnt have to be the way to solve it. I hope new drivers will be able to make us play fullscreen without crashes! For the meantime tho, borderless works Wink
Message 12 of 20 (1,429 Views)

★★ Novice

I've never had this error on my previous processor configuration, an old AMD 6 cores. Now that I've changed it to a Intel i7... the game crashes, eventually. Related to the CPU architecture?

Message 13 of 20 (1,294 Views)

Hero

@FosiALP wrote:

I've never had this error on my previous processor configuration, an old AMD 6 cores. Now that I've changed it to a Intel i7... the game crashes, eventually. Related to the CPU architecture?

Did you do a format after installing the new motherboard/cpu?

carbonic signature

Message 14 of 20 (1,289 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I did. In fact the system is installed on a new SSD disk. Should we go back to Pentium III?

Message 15 of 20 (1,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has been happening to me off and on for a couple months.

I'm running 2 Gigabyte R928XOC-GD3 in crossfire. I'm running 14.12 AMD Catalyst Omega Software. Benchmarks run fine.

Has this issue been solved?

Message 16 of 20 (1,188 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem, only with R285 OC card.

get the same error also when i set BF4 to DX11

Message 17 of 20 (1,171 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, this is what, at least for me, is working... Delete, rename or backup all the PROFSAVE files in "%homepath%\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings" folder. This will back to default your key bindings, graphics settings, etc.

I think that probably the "AMD Gaming Evolve" software and its "game optimizations" have also something to do with our problem because they were a lot of config files from this software in the noted above folder and probably one of these special settings messed up everything.

No crashes since then at all.

Message 18 of 20 (1,030 Views)

★★ Novice

Didn't have this issue with Mantle until I added another R7 370 for crossfire. Single card, could play using Mantle on Ultra, no problem.

Mantle Function
"grWsiWinReleaseFullscreenOwnership(displayHandle)" failed
with GR_ERROR_DEVICE_LOST. GPU: "AMD Radeon (TM) R7 370
Series" (26641), Driver: 348127232

AMD A10-7850K
ASRock FM288X Extreme6+
32GB DDR3 2133
MSI R7 370 Gamming 4GB (x2 Crossfire)

Message 19 of 20 (642 Views)

★★ Novice

After trying to repair the game, update punk buster, delete the profile folder,  try 32bit launcher vs 64bit, uninstall/reinstall AMD CCC/driver manually, (and every other combination and suggestion) the only thing that worked was the DDU (Display Driver Unistaller) DDU v15.5.1.0. Just Google it and download. You will need to launch it in SafeMode after you unzip and install. Its pretty much dumb proof, just follow the prompts and let it do its thing. I'm back to using Mantel, Ultra setting with crossfire, ZERO issues. BAM!

AMD A10-7850K
ASRock FM288X Extreme6+
32GB DDR3 2133
MSI R7 370 Gamming 4GB (x2 Crossfire)

Message 20 of 20 (632 Views)