Problem with PSN and BF4 online

by Waldy56

Original Post

Problem with PSN and BF4 online

★★ Newbie
So I was having problems accessing all my download games for some reason so I restarted my PS4 twice to no avail, switched it off for half an hour, came back and everything was fine. Went to access BF4 online and it said I wasn't online, I wasn't connected to either PSN or EA servers, but I clearly was as I had just been playing Uncharted online.

So I tried again a few minutes later and after trying to connect, my screen faded to black and my PS4 restarted. Aftet restarting I tried again and this time my PS4 shut down. And now I tried to go online pressing the square button and it immediately fails. Is this to do with BF1 launching?
Message 1 of 2 (230 Views)

Re: Problem with PSN and BF4 online

Hero (Retired)

It's way more likely to be related to an attack on Dyn Managed DNS infrastructure. It affected multiple large sites and services (such as Amazon, Twitter, PSN, Wiki... although there are WAY more examples). Issues for PS4 players started pretty much at the same time as the attack, so, all things considered, it is very likely that both things are connected. Waiting it out seems to be the only choice.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 2 of 2 (209 Views)